MANCHESTER -- Pep Guardiola refused to be drawn on reports that Manchester City could face a transfer ban but said his squad is good enough even if he cannot bring in new signings in the summer.
Reports have claimed FIFA could ban City from making signings in the next two windows for allegedly breaking rules related to the protection of youth players and third-party ownership.
Guardiola has said he trusts those running the club and last week called for any investigations to be concluded quickly.
"I said what I said," he told a news conference when asked about a potential ban. "I was clear in my opinion, the club have made their statement, so I don't have any comments."
Asked whether his squad was good enough to cope with a potential ban, he said: "It's good, the squad is really good. Of course."
City, who face Swansea in the FA Cup on Saturday as they continue to compete for four trophies, have been drawn against Tottenham in the Champions League quarterfinals, and Guardiola said the two-legged tie was "50-50."
"We know each other quite well -- we played each other over the last years many times," he added.
"It's 50-50. We have try to get in the games before then, and after the international break arrive in the best condition possible and try to do a good two games.
"For both it's a pleasure to be in the last eight teams in the Champions League."
It is the second successive year that City have faced Premier League opponents in Europe's premier club competition, having lost to Liverpool in the last eight last season.
Guardiola said the fact that four English sides were in the quarterfinals showed the strength of the Premier League.
"When you play four teams and two in Europa [Arsenal and Chelsea] it's because the English clubs have gone through, it's incredible," he said.
City will be without John Stones, Kevin De Bruyne, Vincent Kompany, Benjamin Mendy and Fernandinho against Swansea, and Guardiola said they would also be unavailable for their countries during the international break.