The FA is awaiting referee Mark Clattenburg's report before deciding on any further steps to take regarding Jose Mourinho's conduct on Saturday, a source confirmed to ESPN FC.
The Manchester United manager will be hoping that he can avoid a stadium ban after being sent to the stands by Clattenburg during Saturday's 0-0 draw against Burnley.
Mourinho had been incensed by the failure to award Matteo Darmian a penalty after he had fallen in the box following a touch from Jon Flanagan.
The Portuguese is already in the dock after a misconduct charge, relating to comments made about referee Anthony Taylor before the 0-0 draw at Liverpool, saying that the official was in a "difficult" position.
He has until 6 p.m. on Monday to respond to that charge.
Mourinho's assistant, Rui Faria, added to the narrative from the United camp regarding officials when he spoke after the Burnley game and said that it had been "fantastic work by the referee" to send off Ander Herrera. The Spaniard received a second booking midway through the second half after trying to pull out of a challenge on Dean Marney but slipping.
Herrera told United's official website: "I didn't want to make both of the fouls. I'm not a violent player. First yellow card, I bent my knee and didn't want to kick the opponent. The second, I slipped."
Discussing Mourinho's earlier dismissal, Faria alluded to what will happen this week, saying: "What is important is what the referee will write in his report."
- Arindam Rej (@ARejSport) October 31, 2016
Mourinho had received a stadium ban, suspended for one-year when he was Chelsea's manager last season after complaining to referee Jon Moss at West Ham United, but that expired the day before his remarks on Taylor.
He had received fines by the FA before then, each one bigger than the last, regarding comments on referees -- but they did not deter him from speaking about officiating again.