Ricardo "Tuca" Ferretti began his second stint as interim coach of the Mexican national team on Monday, but stressed his contract with Tigres impedes him from taking over on a permanent basis.
The Brazilian has previously stated he doesn't want to be put forward as a candidate for the national team, even with the 64-year-old enjoying widespread support for the position.
"The reason [for not wanting to be Mexico coach] is that last month I started a new three-year contract [with Tigres]," said Ferretti in a news conference on Monday. "Continuity in a Mexican team is almost impossible and Tigres have given it to me and with with these three years I'll complete 11 years in the same institution.
"Do you remember if that has ever happened in Mexican football? That loyalty between us is very important," he continued. "Every coach would like to be here in my place, managing the national team, but they'd also want what I have in Tigres.
"It'd be betraying [Tigres], stabbing them [in the back] after the institution supported me in the bad and the good times."
Ferretti trained the Mexico squad on Monday morning in preparation for upcoming games against Uruguay (Sept. 7 in Houston) and the United States (Sept. 11 in Nashville) and believes that the young group of players has a bright future.
"I don't have any doubt that this team will do well, I like coming up against tough opponents and for the players to start getting experience," he said, adding that the young group should be given time to develop and not be too focused on results in friendlies.
"What I hope for is that over these six games the youngsters are able to convince whoever comes in that they deserve to be here."
Established Europe-based players like Andres Guardado, Javier Hernandez and Hector Herrera were left out of this current squad, with Ferretti suggesting that he already knows what they are capable of.
"Naturally they are great players who will always be welcome, depending on the need to call them up or not," said the former Pumas manager. "We already know them and using them again would be more of the same, I don't have any doubts they'd do well."
Ferretti's squad has been affected by injury, with Carlos Salcedo and Rodolfo Pizarro picking up knocks over the weekend and Jesus Gallardo leaving training early on Monday to undergo tests.
Ferretti also seemed to take a dig at former Mexico manager Miguel Herrera, who suggested last week that the current El Tri squad has been drawn up by the federation.
Herrera was infamously removed from his position after throwing a punch at a reporter in Philadelphia after his team had won the 2015 Gold Cup.
"There will be positive and negative criticism and I'm not going to answer it all," said Ferretti. "If you criticize me the one thing I won't do is hit anyone."
The Mexican national team will remain in Mexico City until Thursday, when it will fly in to Houston for its first game in the post-Juan Carlos Osorio era.