Montreal Impact star Ignacio Piatti reached an agreement to extend his contract with the MLS club on Thursday, more than a month after he spoke of his frustration over talks.
Piatti's designated player contract had been set to expire on July 1, midway through next season, and the midfielder had said last month that: "I didn't find the solution to stay here and that's it."
But the two sides came to an agreement on Thursday on an undisclosed extension.
- Impact de Montréal (@impactmontreal) September 28, 2017
"We are very excited that Nacho has decided to stay in Montreal," Impact president Joey Saputo said in a statement. "He is a world-class player who belongs among the league's elite.
"Our supporters will have the opportunity to continue to enjoy his great qualities, which will help us reach our objectives."
Piatti has scored 17 goals this season after scoring the same amount in 2016. In total he has 47 goals and 21 assists -- among the top totals in MLS -- since joining the Impact from San Lorenzo in 2014.
"My family and I are very happy with this agreement," Piatti added. "I wanted to stay in Montreal, with a club, a city and fans that I appreciate immensely."