Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is sticking by his statements that earned him a four-game Ligue 1 suspension, a penalty he called a "farce" and a "disgrace to football."
After a hearing in front of the French Football League's Disciplinary Commission, Ibrahimovic was suspended for three games and saw a previous suspended one-match ban activated following his foul-mouthed outburst at officials following PSG's defeat at Bordeaux on March 15.
Ibrahimovic said his ban only reinforces his original comments, which suggested PSG play at a level beyond the capacity of Ligue 1 officials.
"I was pleased as this proves what I have been saying. Now people can see for themselves, with their own eyes, instead of me just saying it," Ibrahimovic said on his personal feed on the Mikz app.
"The whole situation has become a farce -- ridiculous and unprofessional. A disgrace to football.
"I would have been even happier if they had suspended me for the rest of the season so I could have gone on holiday already."
Ibrahimovic also echoed a statement released by his club that said, "Zlatan was only talking to himself" and not the match officials.
"There are no grounds for this," Ibrahimovic said. "My words are not aimed at the referee. We had a normal conversation and he has confirmed this. If my words had been aimed at the ref I would have apologised when it happened."
Ibrahimovic's suspension leaves PSG, who are currently a point clear of Lyon at the top of the table with seven games left, without their leading scorer in Ligue 1 for a month -- he returns at home against Guingamp on May 9.
Also on Friday, PSG announced that for the rest of the season they would no longer speak to TV station Canal Plus, whose cameras originally caught Ibrahimovic's outburst in the tunnel.
"Paris Saint-Germain, which is one of the most publicised French clubs and one that draws the biggest television audiences, wishes to avoid taking any further risks of facing sanctions due to misplaced comments provoked by ambiguous refereeing decisions," a statement said.
"The number of television cameras and microphones from channels belonging to the Canal Plus stable, that constantly follow the team, and the possibility of sanctions after the act, with footage retained as evidence by the league's governing body, have forced the Club to adopt this prudent measure."
Marseille also issued a nearly identical statement and policy regarding Canal Plus.
Ibrahimovic, who is also suspended for next week's Champions League quarterfinal first leg with Barcelona following his red card at Chelsea in the previous round, will miss his club's league encounters with Nice, Lille, Metz and Nantes.
He will, however, be available for Saturday's Coupe de la Ligue final with Bastia as the domestic ban only starts on April 14.