Diego Costa is considering a summer move away from Chelsea, with his former club Atletico Madrid ready to offer him a deal, sources have told ESPN FC.
Costa's long-term future at Stamford Bridge has been the subject of speculation for some time, and the striker did not rule out a return to Atletico in an interview with Onda Cero in December.
A source close to the player has told ESPN FC that he has struggled to settle in London and is frustrated by Chelsea being linked with new strikers in the summer.
The Blues are expected to make a number of changes to their squad after seeing their hopes of silverware ended by a 2-0 FA Cup quarterfinal defeat at Everton on Saturday.
Costa, sent off for the first time as a Chelsea player in that match, was linked with Atletico during the last two transfer windows.
The Liga club are in the market for a new striker, having sold Jackson Martinez to Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande last month, while Fernando Torres could also leave at the end of the season.
The suspension of their transfer ban means Atletico can pursue the forward when the transfer window reopens.
The Brazil-born forward helped Chelsea win the Premier League title in his first season at the club, scoring 20 goals last season, but has struggled to replicate that form this term.