Gabriel Jesus has no desire to leave Manchester City despite contract extension talks being put on hold, sources have told ESPN FC.
City were keen to improve the Brazilian striker's deal, which runs until 2021, as a reward for his impressive form since completing his move from Palmeiras in January 2018.
Jesus, 20, had been expected to sign a new deal before Christmas with a two-year contract extension that would take him through until 2023.
However, ESPN FC has been told that negotiations have now been put on hold until the end of the season with no agreement yet reached over fresh terms. Both parties are believed to be relaxed that an agreement can be reached.
Jesus started the season in good form, scoring eight goals in his first 11 games, but he has scored only three times since and missed nearly two months with a knee ligament injury.
He is set to be Brazil's first-choice striker at this summer's World Cup in Russia and scored for the Selecao in their 1-0 victory over Germany on Tuesday.
City have given new deals to David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Nicolas Otamendi in recent months and sources have told ESPN FC they are also keen to open talks with Raheem Sterling.