Burnley are in talks to sign Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart, sources have told ESPN FC.
The Clarets are in the market for a new goalkeeper after losing No. 1 Nick Pope for three months with a shoulder injury.
Backup Tom Heaton is also struggling with a calf injury, leaving Burnley to give a first start in two years to third-choice Anders Lindegaard in Thursday night's extra-time Europa League win over Aberdeen.
Burnley are offering £4 million for Hart but have no plans to sell either Pope or Heaton should a deal be agreed, sources said.
Hart appears to not have a future at City having spent the the past two seasons away from the club, on loan to Torino and then West Ham United.
The England international is behind Ederson and Claudio Bravo in the pecking order at the Etihad Stadium and Pep Guardiola won't stand in his way to move on.
Hart has said he is keen to be playing regularly next season after losing his place in the England squad for the World Cup.
"I need to go somewhere permanent, I think that's obvious," Hart told reporters last month. "I did what I did in the previous two seasons because I needed to play to be involved in the World Cup. And look where that got me.
"I'm experienced, I've played at the highest level for a long time and done a lot of things in the game. I need to be an important player at that club and I think that can only happen with a permanent move."