<
>

LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea hope to beat Man United to Bellingham, Sancho

play
Liverpool or Man United: Which is a better fit for Sancho? (1:17)

Craig Burley says getting consistent game time will be a big factor in Jadon Sancho's transfer decision. (1:17)

The winter transfer window is closed, but now it's time to look ahead to the summer! Here are the new rumours floating around Europe's big leagues and beyond.

TOP STORY: Can Chelsea beat United to Bellingham AND Sancho?

Chelsea hope to beat Premier League rivals Manchester United to not one but two of their big transfer targets by signing Jude Bellingham and Jadon Sancho, the Mail on Sunday reports.

Teen sensation Bellingham has burst onto the scene this season at Birmingham City. The 16-year-old midfielder has started 28 matches for the Championship club already, despite not being able to sign a full professional contract until he turns 17 in June.

Manchester United have been tracking the England youth international, although sources told ESPN earlier this month that Borussia Dortmund are close to making him the latest young British talent to move to the Bundesliga.

However, the Mail reports that Chelsea had intensified their bid to sign Bellingham shortly before football was shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Sources told ESPN last week that United have moved ahead in the race to sign England winger Sancho, 20, although Dortmund were still anticipating competition from Liverpool and Chelsea for their prize asset.

The Mail report cites Sancho's boyhood support of Chelsea and the chance to return to his native London as reasons for the Blues to hope they can persuade him to sign for them rather than move to Old Trafford on a bigger contract.

play
1:43

Laurens: Man United saving the No. 7 shirt for Sancho

Gab Marcotti and Julien Laurens break down the latest developments on Man United's pursuit of Jadon Sancho.

LIVE BLOG

21.59 GMT: Support for signing 17-year-old Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga as the heir to Casemiro's throne at the base of midfield "is growing" inside Real Madrid, Marca writes.

20.42 GMT: Real Madrid have another Brazilian prodigy in their sights, with Sao Paulo midfielder Igor Gomes -- likened to former Los Blancos No. 8 Kaka - targeted by the Spanish club, according to AS. However, Barcelona, Ajax and Sevilla have all taken a shine to the 21-year-old, who has a €50m release clause.

19.25 GMT: Marca reports that the market for Real Madrid midfielder James Rodriguez has dried up, with none of Atletico Madrid, Napoli or Juventus still interested in the 28-year-old, leaving Arsenal as potentially the Colombia international's best chance to play regularly again, having featured just seven times in La Liga this season.

18.08 GMT: Chelsea academy graduate Tino Anjorin is close to signing a long-term deal with the club, according to the Daily Mail.

Anjorin made his first team debut against Grimsby in the Carabao Cup in September.

The 18-year-old midfielder still has a year left on his contract but with clubs facing an uncertain financial future as the Premier League remains suspended, Chelsea are keen to retain his services.

The youngster has played for England at U19 level and is one of eight academy players to make their senior debuts for Chelsea this season.

16.51 GMT: Barcelona legend Xavi Hernandez has named Serge Gnabry and Jadon Sancho as potential signings he would be keen on if he was to become Barcelona manager.

The Al Sadd manager was previously offered the Barcelona role but turned it down as he felt it came "too soon" for him.

However, speaking to La Vanguardia he said he was still interested in the Barcelona role.

"I am clear that I want to return to Barcelona, I am very excited. Now that I have seen myself coaching I think I can bring things to the players. But I made it clear to them that I saw myself in a project that started from zero and in which the decision-making was mine," he said.

Other players Xavi said he would like to work with include Jordi Alba, Gerard Pique, Sergio Busquets, Luis Suarez, Frenkie De Jong, Arthur Melo and Lionel Messi.

16.06 GMT: Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has insisted that defender David Alaba will not be used in a swap deal for Manchester City winger Leroy Sane.

Sane's chances of moving to the Bundesliga were dampened after he became injured last summer but the club is said to still be interested in signing him while City manager Pep Guardiola is said to be an admirer of Alaba.

"I've heard rumours are circulating that we would like to hand David Alaba over to Manchester City in exchange for Leroy Sane," Rummenigge said in an interview with TZ.

"In addition, I say very clearly: This is Grimm's Fairy Tale and has nothing to do with reality.

"I would like to say very clearly that this is not an option for Bayern at all, we are not in the bazaar."

15.03 GMT: Valencia will demand at least £36m for midfielder Carlos Soler should anyone try to tempt him away from the club this summer, according to the Daily Mail.

The Spanish club has been working hard to hold onto its star players but the 23-year-old has caught the attention of several clubs including Arsenal, Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

This combined with the financial stress the coronavirus crisis might cause the club means Soler leaving the club is looking more and more likely.

According to Sky Sports, Arsenal coach Mikel Arteta admires Soler and is looking to add depth to his midfield options.

14.09 GMT: Liverpool are reportedly leading the charge for RB Leipzig's Timo Werner but the Germany international will be left fighting for a number with few options on offer.

Liverpool's trusty front three of Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino all occupy the number nine, 10 and 11 jerseys with 16, 17 and 19 the only real options.

However, Werner has been open about his feelings on working with Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp so the number debate will likely be a minor consideration for the player.

13.15 GMT: Chelsea winger Pedro has denied that he is definitely leaving the club this summer after reports in the Spanish media that he had agreed to terminate his contract.

The statement on Chelsea's website said that an "inaccurate translation" of what Pedro had said led people to believe he would be leaving the club.

"As many people know, my contract is up in May but I still haven't spoken to the club about whether or not it will be renewed and whether I'll carry on," Pedro said.

"I've seen loads of messages from Chelsea fans saying goodbye and thanking me for the time I've spent here, which I appreciate, but I'd like to tell all the fans simply that my current contract is coming to an end but I still have to talk to the club.

"I don't know whether I'll keep playing here or not. That conversation is still to come. But I have not signed for any other club. I belong to Chelsea. I have a contract. My wish is to be able to stay here but obviously we don't know what will happen. I have to speak to the club and let's see what happens."

According to Gazetta, Serie A's Lazio are one of the club's in the running to sign the player and could make a double swoop for him and Olivier Giroud.

12.27 GMT: Chelsea have asked Mino Raiola to keep them updated on transfer talks between AC Milan and highly-rated goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, according to the Express.

Donnarumma is in the last year of his contract with the Italian club who are keen to keep him for longer.

They may have competition to keep him, however, as several clubs has expressed an interest in signing him including Chelsea, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.

AC Milan have valued the keeper at around £55m which Chelsea could meet if they manage to sell Kepa Arrizabalaga who has fallen out of favour with coach Frank Lampard.

11.36 GMT: Real Betis midfielder Nabil Fekir is reportedly being lined up by Arsenal as a replacement for Dani Ceballos.

Ceballos is on loan at Arsenal from Real Madrid and is due to return to Spain at the end of the season.

This isn't the first time Fekir has been on Arsenal's radar with the London club offered the opportunity to sign him last summer but the club passed.

Since then, Fekir has managed seven goals and six assists in La Liga and Arsenal have sent scouts to re-evaluate the 26-year-old.

However, Arsenal won't be making any decisions on future transfers until the coronavirus crisis is under control and a date has been set for the Premier League to return.

10.44 GMT: Serie A club Roma are considering making a move for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, Mundo Deportivo reports.

Roma have tried repeatedly in the past to sign the Spain international, 31, but without success.

However, they still feel they need another top-class centre-forward in the squad to support Edin Dzeko.

Despite Costa only scoring two goals this season amid continued struggles with his fitness, Roma believe his experience and quality can still be an asset.

10.00 GMT: The representative of Philippe Coutinho has denied claims that the Brazil international holds a grudge against Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy after his potential move to the London club collapsed last summer.

Sources told ESPN last August that Spurs were interested in bringing in the former Liverpool playmaker from Barcelona, before he eventually joined Bayern Munich on a season-long loan deal.

Kia Joorabchian insists that any talk of ill feeling from his client toward Spurs chief Levy is untrue.

"Phillipe Coutinho has no personal issue with Daniel Levy and claims otherwise are totally false," Joorabchian is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail. "The deal did not collapse due to financial reasons."

PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle): Chelsea make Hakimi approach

Chelsea have made an approach to sign Real Madrid youngster Achraf Hakimi, the Mirror reports.

The full-back has been on loan with German juggernauts Borussia Dortmund so far this season, but now Chelsea have asked Madrid about what his current situation is. The 21-year-old has been a standout name during the Bundesliga campaign, living up to the reputation that preceded him ahead of the move.

Real could be planning to feature Hakimi heavily in their own first-team picture in the 2020-21 season, but the Blues have still made their intentions known, with Madrid confirming they would not be making any decisions until the season is wrapped up.

Real Madrid to pick Haaland over Mane

Real Madrid have made Erling Haaland their top priority in the summer transfer window, ahead of Sadio Mane, the Express reports.

Zinedine Zidane was said to be drawing up a list of top stars that he wanted to go after once the transfer market was finally open for business. A few names had been thrown around, with Liverpool's Mane and Borussia Dortmund's Haaland being two of the biggest.

The belief is that Haaland will be the main man Real put their resources into, with Dortmund valuing him at around £50 million following his sensational start to life in Germany since the beginning of the year.

play
1:18

Will Real Madrid spark a bidding war for Erling Haaland?

Julien Laurens outlines whether Dortmund's Erling Haaland might be a key target for Real Madrid in the summer.

Di Maria to Juventus goes cold?

A potential move from Juventus for Paris Saint-Germain star Angel Di Maria might no longer be on the cards, Calciomercato reports.

The former Manchester United star has been heavily linked with the Italian champions in the past, even when Cristiano Ronaldo was on the verge of completing his move to Turin. One of the biggest question marks has always been his age, with Juve wondering whether the 32-year-old would be worth the investment.

With PSG not yet offering Di Maria a new deal, he could be available on a free transfer in summer 2021, but it doesn't seem Juventus will be one of the interested parties.

Tap-ins

- Everton are set to wait on a decision regarding the upcoming transfer window prior to making a move for Lille star Gabriel Magalhaes, the Liverpool Echo reports. The Toffees are known to be big fans of the 22-year-old defender, but given the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, they're finding it difficult to put concrete plans in place heading into the summer.

- The future of Sevilla forward Nolito continues to be a source of uncertainty, Marca reports. The veteran striker has been in Seville since 2017, arriving from Premier League champions Manchester City. His current deal is set to expire on June 30, with the expectation that he'll move on to pastures new. However, while Sevilla have yet to offer him a new deal, the logistics of when the season will come to an end could cause a twist in the tale.

- Italian giants Lazio could be interested in making a move for Chelsea star Pedro during the summer transfer window, Gazzetta dello Sport reports. It comes in the wake of news that the title challengers are also tipped to go after the signing of Blues forward Olivier Giroud, with both of their respective contracts set to come to an end in the next few months.