Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque reiterated his willingness to help the national team once he steps down from his duties after the European Championships.
Del Bosque guided Spain to wins at World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012, but then oversaw La Roja's shock group exit at last summer's World Cup in Brazil. Now 65, the former Real Madrid coach is almost certain to step down after the summer's Euro 2016 finals in France.
"We have already spoken about the future," said the manager of the defending European champions during a news conference on Wednesday ahead of their last two friendlies before Euro 2016. "Whatever is needed I will be the first one there after I leave. Everything that I do will be for the best interests of the federation and the national team."
Del Bosque, who has dodged questions about his possible successor, discouraged the media from reading more into the absence of Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets, who withdrew this week due to an injury to his finger.
"It is absolutely untrue that any club has pressured us to not include their players," the 65-year-old said. "No one, from any club large or small has done that. When I read that...it is just to intoxicate fans with made up news. We have not received any recommendation to not bring in any player. In the case of Busquets, he left because his hand is bothering him, as we could all see during the match against Villarreal. In the case of [Andres] Iniesta, it is because he has a small problem. Barcelona did not use him in Villarreal. But in the end, intoxication is free."
Last week, Barcelona coach Luis Enrique said that Iniesta had a minor fitness problem.
Del Bosque said he welcomed the friendlies as an opportunity to see how La Roja is doing and added that he has already picked his starters. Regarding his options at forward, the veteran coach said: "We have two months ahead of us to decide among the forwards on the list. We will do what is best for the national team but the idea is not have to burden any one player with 180 minutes. Our plan is that over these two matches everyone who is on the team get a chance to play."
Spain have called up striker Aritz Aduriz after the 35-year-old's prolific season with Athletic Bilbao. Aduriz won one cap for Spain in October 2010, but his form this campaign led to fans and journalists repeatedly asking Del Bosque when he would call up the veteran.
"From Aduriz we are asking him to do exactly what he is doing with Athletic," Del Bosque said of the player who has scored 31 goals in all competitions this season.
Barcelona utility player Sergi Roberto looks set to win his first cap this week after receiving his first call up to the squad. Roberto gave thanks to Luis Enrique for putting his trust in him this season and enabling him to attract the attentions of Del Bosque.
Spain take on Italy in Udine on Thursday before meeting Romania in Cluj on Sunday.