Ronaldo has said suggestions he is set to make a playing comeback with Fort Lauderdale Strikers are "nonsense."
Last month, former Brazil international Ronaldo told Lance! his return to action was "going to happen."
The 38-year-old, who retired from the game in 2011 after playing for Corinthians, became a part-owner of the North American Soccer League side in December.
Ta rolando uma história de que eu vou voltar, já tem até hashtag... #RonaldoVoltou mesmo? Sei de nada... pic.twitter.com/E9X0T95Owh
- Ronaldo Nazário (@Ronaldo) March 4, 2015
However, the ex-Real Madrid attacker has dismissed the claims, saying on Twitter he knows nothing about the "#RonaldoReturns" hashtag.
"There's a story going round that I am making a comeback, there's even a hashtag #RonaldoVoltou," Ronaldo said, according to Reuters.
He added: "This story about #RonaldoVoltou is just nonsense from the Twitter crowd."