Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti says he is not sure if he will sign a new contract to extend his stay at the Bernabeu but denied he had spoken to Manchester City about taking over at the Premier League club.
Earlier in the season it had been widely reported in the Spanish media that Ancelotti would be offered a new deal, around the time Madrid were putting together their record 22 consecutive game winning streak, having won the Champions League and Copa del Rey trophies during the Italian coach's first season in charge.
Blancos president Florentino Perez, though, quietened that talk by saying all contract decisions would be made at the end of the season, and the team's rockier recent form has led to doubts over Ancelotti's future.
However, former AC Milan, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain boss Ancelotti told Tiempo Extra that he was relaxed about the situation.
"I have another year on my contract," he said. "We have spoken about sitting down to talk about a new deal but never set a concrete date to meet. I'm not in any hurry. I have another year on my contract.
"If the club does not call me to renew today, maybe they will call in September, or December, or maybe nobody calls me. I am not going to ask for it."
With Manuel Pellegrini's job at Manchester City in doubt as a result of the English champions' dismal recent form, Ancelotti has been linked with the job at the Etihad Stadium.
Pushed as to whether City had called him to discuss the future, Ancelotti said: "No, no, no.
"Today they talked about [Jurgen] Klopp to Manchester City so ... We coaches know that it depends on results. Anything can happen.
"It is the same as last year in this period. If we did not win the Champions League ... and in the end we won it. They are saying the same again, and maybe we will win it again."
Porto's shock 3-1 victory in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal against previous tournament favourites Bayern Munich has also pushed the Portuguese side's Basque coach Julen Lopetegui into the spotlight.
Lopetegui is a former Madrid and Barcelona goalkeeper, and had also coached Madrid Castilla and the Spain under-21 side.
AS' front cover Friday morning had a picture of the 48-year-old over the headline: "Lopetegui joins the giants - the Porto coach joins the possible candidates for Madrid."
- AS (@diarioas) April 17, 2015
Others to feature on the AS cover are Klopp -- who will leave Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season -- as well as current Madrid Castilla coach Zinedine Zidane, Germany manager Joachim Low, out-of-work former Olympiakos and Sevilla coach Michel and current Napoli manager Rafael Benitez.