LA Galaxy and Philadelphia Union draw; Colorado Rapids win again

Video via MLS: Philadelphia 2-2 LA Galaxy (3:54)

The Union welcome a star studded Galaxy squad to Talen Energy Stadium with both teams looking to go top of the table. (3:54)

Keegan Rosenberry scored his first MLS goal in the 63rd minute and the Philadelphia Union tied the Los Angeles Galaxy 2-2 on Wednesday night.

Los Angeles goalkeeper Dan Kennedy bobbled a header on a Philadelphia corner kick and Rosenberry put it in the back of the net.

Philadelphia ended a three-game losing streak against Los Angeles, having lost six of the nine career meetings with two draws.

The Union took a 1-0 lead in the 4th minute on Vincent Nogueira's second-effort goal. His initial shot from the penalty spot was defended away but Nogueira hustled to the ball and poked it home.

Los Angeles tied it in the 15th. Giovani Dos Santos cut back a defender at the edge of the box and dropped a pass to an overlapping Robbie Rogers, who found the upper corner of the net.

Mike Magee gave the Galaxy a 2-1 edge two minutes after halftime. Steven Gerrard sent a well-paced ball to an open space and Magee powered a shot past goalkeeper Andre Blake.

Dillon Serna scored two minutes after entering as a second-half substitute and the Colorado Rapids beat 10-man Sporting Kansas City.

Ike Opara received his second yellow card on a questionable call in the 76th minute. Moments later, Serna rolled in a shot from distance to give Colorado the lead in the 78th minute.

Colorado won its sixth-straight home game to tie a team mark set in the 2005 season. The Rapids also extended their undefeated streak to seven games.

Kansas City had its winless run stretched to seven games -- the club's longest since a 10-game run without a victory in 2011. Sporting KC struggled on the offensive side with only one shot on goal.

The Rapids have won the last four meetings in the series.

Ryan Hollingshead and Walker Zimmerman each scored their first goal of the season within two minutes of one another and FC Dallas beat the Portland Timbers 2-1.

Hollingshead scored in the 55th minute to end Dallas' three-plus game scoreless stretch. His pass was deflected into the area and he raced to the loose ball to score with the outside of his foot. Zimmerman then headed in Mauro Diaz's corner kick for a 2-1 lead.

Dallas was coming off a winless and goalless three-game road swing. It was outscored 8-0 during the stretch and didn't have too many scoring chances in the first half against Portland.

The Timbers put FC Dallas in the hole in the third minute. Lucas Melano battled to gain possession on a cross and found an open Diego Valeri in front of goal.

Portland has one win in seven games at Dallas.

Alberto Quintero scored two goals from assists by Chris Wondolowski and the San Jose Earthquakes beat the Houston Dynamo 3-1.

Quintero opened the scoring in the third minute when he got a sliding touch on Wondolowski's breakaway cross. Quintero also assisted on Anibal Godoy's give-and-go goal in the 50th minute to make it 2-1 for San Jose.

Wondolowski won a cross with three defenders surrounding him in the 70th minute and found an open Quintero in front of goal.

It was the second two-assist game of Wondolowski's career. He is fourth in MLS history with 116 goals and has 25 assists.

Houston goalkeeper Tyler Deric was given a straight red card in the 79th for tripping Simon Dawkins on a fast break. Deric came out of his box and slipped while trying to clear the ball. He got up and made contact with Dawkins' left leg to prevent a goal.

Starting defensive back Jalil Anibaba switched to goalkeeper for the final 10-plus minutes.

Ricardo Clark scored just before halftime for Houston on a volley from distance.

Blas Perez scored his second goal of the night and second of the season on a bicycle kick in the 89th minute in the Vancouver Whitecaps' 2-1 victory over the Chicago Fire.

The 35-year-old Perez opened the scoring for the Whitecaps in the 36th minute.

Perez was only on the field after subbing in for Masato Kudo following an ugly incident in the 11th minute. The Japanese forward collided with an on-rushing Lampson, taking a shoulder to the face before his head slammed on the turf.

With blood dripping from his mouth, Kudo stayed down on the turf for several minutes, but was able to get to his feet before being carted off the field. The Whitecaps, who said Kudo suffered a concussion and also bit his lip and tongue, announced at half-time that he was alert, but was going to hospital for further evaluation.

Kennedy Igboananike scored for the Fire in the 62nd minute.