Tottenham Hotspur beat Arsenal to cut gap after Chelsea victory at Everton

Tottenham Hotspur again ensured Chelsea's lead at the top of the Premier League remains at four points and guaranteed that they will finish above Arsenal this season as they won White Hart Lane's last-ever North London derby 2-0.

After a goalless first half, Spurs struck twice in as many second-half minutes to take the points and keep the pressure on Antonio Conte's side.

After 56 minutes, Dele Alli broke through when Christian Eriksen tiptoed past a defender and had a shot saved by Petr Cech, with the ball bouncing to the midfielder who steered low into the corner.

And within moments Harry Kane was adjudged to have been brought down in the area by Gabriel, getting back to his feet to slam the penalty low into the corner.

Earlier, Chelsea had scored three second-half goals to win 3-0 at Everton and briefly re-establish a seven-point lead over Tottenham.

The Premier League leaders stepped up the pace after a tight first half to end up in full control at Goodison Park, breaking the deadlock in spectacular style with 66 minutes on the clock as Pedro picked up possession, turned and fired an outstanding finish into the top corner from 20 yards.

With 11 minutes remaining, the Londoners made sure of the points as a low Eden Hazard free kick was parried by Stekelenburg and went in off Gary Cahill. Five minutes from the end, Hazard was replaced by Willian -- and the Brazilian soon added a third as he turned home a neat Cesc Fabregas cut-back.

A late equaliser by Gylfi Sigurdsson denied Manchester United the chance to move up into third place and boosted Swansea's chances of escaping the drop in a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

United had taken the lead on the stroke of half-time with a controversial penalty from Wayne Rooney, but Sigurdsson struck for a share of the spoils with 11 minutes remaining when he curled home a fine free kick.

In addition to the frustration of dropping crucial points in the race for the top four, the home side suffered yet more injury problems as defenders Luke Shaw and Eric Bailly limped off.

Gabriel Jesus marked his return to Manchester City's starting lineup by grabbing a dramatic late equaliser in a 2-2 draw against relegation-haunted Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium.

Gabriel headed home a Sergio Aguero cross in the 84th minute after Calum Chambers appeared to have secured three priceless points for the hosts in their unlikely battle to beat the drop.

Steve Agnew's men led through a first-half strike from former City striker Alvaro Negredo before the visitors drew level in controversial fashion when Sergio Aguero netted from the spot after a challenge on Leroy Sane.

Information from the Press Association was used in this report