Barcelona defender Gerard Pique posted a Twitter image of himself with teammate Neymar on Sunday night, along with the message "Se queda,'' which translates as "he stays."
Neymar's future has come under increasing speculation this summer amid reports that Paris Saint-Germain had agreed to activate his release clause of almost €220 million.
A source close to Neymar, when asked about the motives behind Pique's post, told ESPN FC he had "no idea" why the Spain international shared the image.
Sources told ESPN FC on Saturday that Neymar had told PSG he wants to move to the Parc des Princes and agreed to terms on a contract.
The source said Neymar and his father, Neymar Sr., who has been in discussions with PSG's Qatari owners and sporting director Antero Henrique for the past few days, have agreed to a massive contract of at least four years.
The terms of the deal would see the 25-year-old earn about €30m a year after taxes and would also be given a signing bonus in excess of his net annual sum.
In addition to those earnings and bonuses, the source stated that Neymar and his father would also profit from a number of club owners Oryx Qatar Sports Investments' other commercial ventures in Paris and away from the world of football.
According to French newspaper Le Parisien, Barca's No. 11 -- who is in the United States with Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde's men for the preseason -- had already told some of his current teammates that he is leaving for PSG.
Meanwhile, Spanish outlet Sport reported that Barcelona teammates Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez had managed to convince Neymar to remain at the Camp Nou, while Barcelona radio station RAC1 stated on Sunday that an initial meeting between Neymar Sr. and members of the Barça board on Saturday didn't go well for the Catalan club, with Mundo Deportivo indicating a second round of talks were set for Sunday.
Neymar scored two first-half goals in Barcelona's 2-1 International Champions Cup friendly victory over Juventus at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey on Saturday, but did not answer questions from reporters afterward.
Press Association and ESPN FC correspondents Sam Marsden and Jonathan Johnson contributed to this report.