Manchester City cruise to win over 10-man Liverpool as Stoke hold United

Gabriel Jesus and Leroy Sane scored twice as Manchester City eased past 10-man Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium, winning 5-0 to move to the top of the Premier League table in the day's early kick-off as Sadio Mane was sent off.

Sergio Aguero had opened the scoring for Pep Guardiola's side before Mane was shown a straight red card for a dangerous high challenge on home goalkeeper Ederson shortly before the break, and Gabriel doubled the lead in the eight minutes of stoppage time that resulted.

Gabriel made it 3-0 soon after the break, and the 10-man visitors conceded two more as substitute Leroy Sane produced a sharp first-time finish before curling home a late, late fifth.

Manchester United dropped their first Premier League points of the season but returned to the summit on goal difference despite being held to a 2-2 draw at Stoke City in Saturday's late game.

United had appeared on course to snatch victory in an entertaining match but were denied when home striker Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting headed home his second of the game soon after the hour to ensure that honours ended even.

With two minutes remaining until the break, the visitors conceded their first Premier League goal of the season when Choupo-Moting thumped home from six yards, but Paul Pogba's header from Henrikh Mkhitaryan's cross went in off Marcus Rashford for a swift leveller.

After 57 minutes, United went in front when Joe Allen lost the ball and the visitors broke, with Mkhitaryan playing in Romelu Lukaku whose first shot was blocked by Butland before he followed up to score -- but Choupo-Moting had the last word.

Arsenal bounced back from their 4-0 thumping at Anfield as they beat Bournemouth 3-0 at the Emirates to make it four defeats from four for Eddie Howe's side.

The Londoners led after only six minutes when Sead Kolasinac crossed and Danny Welbeck's header looped in.

Visiting goalkeeper Asmir Begovic made a brilliant stop to keep out Mesut Ozil's free kick with the home side doing all the pressing, and they doubled the lead when Welbeck set up Alexandre Lacazette for a superb finish after 27 minutes.

Jermain Defoe headed against a post and steered the rebound wide early in the second half -- and within moments Arsenal had a third when Welbeck was set up by some neat play from Aaron Ramsey, and Welbeck came close to a hat trick when another effort swerved just past the post.

Chelsea notched up a third straight league win with a 2-1 victory over Leicester City at the King Power Stadium.

Antonio Conte's side started brightly at the King Power, with Alvaro Morata forcing Kasper Schmeichel into early action with a low strike from distance and coming close to connecting with a fine Cesc Fabregas pass moments later.

Leicester had been second best for the majority of the first half but almost broke through with a counter-attack that brought a chance for Islam Slimani -- and they were made to pay after 41 minutes when the excellent Morata headed home a Cesar Azpilicueta cross to give the Premier League champions the lead.

They doubled that advantage soon after the break when former Leicester star N'Golo Kante struck from distance, but Leicester found a route back into the game when Jamie Vardy smacked home a 62nd-minute penalty he won when visiting keeper Thibaut Courtois brought him down, but the visitors hung on despite some late Leicester pressure.

Tottenham Hotspur hit their stride to score three goals, one an extraordinary strike from Harry Kane, as they saw off Everton 3-0 at Goodison Park.

Dominant Spurs created the first good chance of the afternoon when Ben Davies crossed and Dele Alli touched the ball to Christian Eriksen, who fired wide from 16 yards, and there was more pressure when Eriksen set up Moussa Sissoko, whose strike was blocked by Michael Keane.

But Spurs took the lead after 28 minutes when Kane, way out on the right, whipped the ball over Jordan Pickford to score his 100th goal for the club, and got a deserved second when Davies shot, Pickford parried and Eriksen followed up.

With two minutes of the second half gone Kane wrapped up the points against a floundering home side, sweeping another Davies cross home.

Brighton, without a Premier League goal so far this season, scored three to pick up their first victory with a 3-1 win over West Bromwich Albion at the Amex.

Brighton began on the front foot, winger Solly March trying his luck from distance, and thought they had scored their first top flight goal for 34 years when Shane Duffy scrambled home a rebound but was denied by an offside flag.

Former Seagulls player Gareth Barry had his old fans worried after 23 minutes when his powerful strike deflected narrowly over the bar -- but with seconds remaining until half-time, Brighton were off the mark when Pascal Gross took a touch before firing home to send the home crowd into raptures.

Gross was at it again within moments of the start of the second half, drilling a low 25-yard shot past Ben Foster, and Tomer Hemed made absolutely sure of the points when headed home with Gross this time in the role of provider, before James Morrison scrambled one back.

Southampton's struggle to find their form in attack continued as Watford inflicted a 2-0 defeat at St Mary's.

The visitors had the bulk of the early attacking play, but with half an hour gone neither team had produced a shot on target.

When the first came, it brought a Watford goal as Abdoulaye Doucoure fired a low effort from the edge of the box through a crowd to beat home keeper Fraser Forster.

Nathan Redmond came close on the hour, fizzing an effort into the side-netting, but Watford doubled their lead when Daryl Janmaat drilled a low effort past Forster -- his side's second attempt on target.