The winter transfer window is closed -- but now it's time to look ahead to the summer! Here are the new rumours floating around following the Jan. 31 deadline day:
TOP STORY: Real Madrid prep £250m Mbappe bid
Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo has said Real Madrid are lining up a £250 million summer bid for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe.
A report by the newspaper claimed the striker is keen to move away from his current French club following a touchline altercation with manager Thomas Tuchel during the club's five-goal win over Montpellier on Saturday. The 21-year-old has long been linked with a move to Premier League club Liverpool, but now Madrid could be in pole position to secure the talented youngster's services.
To make matters worse for PSG, it is said that Mbappe also liked an Instagram post by Karim Benzema of him celebrating Madrid's recent 1-0 win over city rivals Atletico Madrid.
Tuchel has since said he was left saddened by Mbappe's unnecessary actions.
22.57 GMT: Mexico international Marco Fabian is set to join Al Sadd, according to the Qatari club, after they failed with an 11th-hour bid to bring in Parma attacker Gervinho.
21.50 GMT: Inter Miami reportedly struck a deal with Monterrey to bring Rodolfo Pizarro to MLS by activating the 25-year-old's $19.6m release clause, but 20.33 GMT: Champions of MLS in 2018, Atlanta United have announced the signing of 23-year-old Brazilian midfielder Matheus Rossetto from Athletico Paranaense using targeted allocation money.
A competitor. A winner. Our newest member of Atlanta United, Matheus Rossetto.— Atlanta United FC (@ATLUTD) February 3, 2020
DETAILS: https://t.co/JB9Lv3Izhv pic.twitter.com/sHrB2LZnOI
19.16 GMT: Gareth Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has said that for most clubs the winger is "out of their league financially" but is happy at Real Madrid after being linked with a move to Tottenham on deadline day. Barnett told ESPN that reports of a transfer deadline day move to Tottenham were "rubbish," and has added that most clubs would struggle to afford the 30-year-old's wages.
18.09 GMT: U.S. international Bobby Wood has rejected the overtures of FC Cincinnati, according to Bild, which reports that the second-year MLS side offers wages of €1m a season, when the 27-year-old could earn four times that should Hamburg return to the Bundesliga next season.
17.02 GMT: Atletico Madrid and Roma are leading the chase for Jesse Lingard if he leaves Manchester United, sources have told ESPN. Lingard would like to stay at Old Trafford but has not ruled out moving on if it helps him rediscover his best form.
11.26 GMT: Liverpool are keen to tie down stars Virgil van Dijk and Alisson to long-term contracts, with the pair keen on signing, according to the Independent.
Van Dijk, 28, arrived at Anfield in 2018 as the world's most expensive defender, while Alisson joined the club six months later. The pair have been instrumental in building Liverpool's 22-point lead at the top of the Premier League, as well as being a key part in the team's Champions League title victory last season.
10.36 GMT: The name Sead Haksabanovic may soon be on the lips of many fans, with the West Ham youngster being scouted by Man Utd, Arsenal and Rangers, according to the Daily Star. The 20-year-old, who has been at West Ham for three years but has never played a game, has had loan spells at Malaga and Norrkoping
10.02 GMT: According to AS in Spain, Barcelona were offered Napoli striker Fernando Llorente in the January window but decided against bringing in the 34-year-old.
09.34 GMT: Lille's Renato Sanches has revealed that a potential move to Paris Saint-Germain fell through last summer. He told Record in Portugal: "There was an offer from PSG last year, but it did not happen. It was not my fault. It was all over with [former sporting director Antero] Henrique. Bayern Munich did not let me go."
Sanches has scored one goal in 11 Ligue 1 appearances since leaving Bayern for Lille.
09.00 GMT: The transfer window may have slammed shut, but that doesn't mean there won't be lots of hot rumours doing the rounds for the summer. Stick with us!
Chelsea on lookout for a new 'keeper
Frank Lampard has reportedly told Chelsea's board of directors to start searching for a new goalkeeper as soon as possible, with a view to bringing a fresh face between the sticks at Stamford Bridge by June.
Spanish outlet Cope has made the claim after Kepa Arrizabalaga -- who signed for a world record £71m in 2018 from Athletico Bilbao -- was omitted from Blues' squad against Leicester on Saturday in the Premier League. Veteran goalkeeper Willy Caballero took Kepa's spot at the King Power Stadium.
Cope's report adds that Kepa may not start in goal again this season.
Beckham's Miami will try again for Cavani
MLS expansion club Inter Miami CF -- co-owned by David Beckham -- will once again try to go for Paris Saint-Germain star Edinson Cavani in the summer, according to L'Equipe.
Miami was one of the several suitors for the El Matador during the winter break but Cavani ultimately stayed put in Paris after a move to Atletico Madrid failed.
Atletico president Enrique Cerezo on Saturday called that collapse "shameful" and said that his struggling La Liga side "were not here to be robbed."
Sources have told ESPN that Atletico were unwilling to meet PSG 's €20 million asking price for Cavani. The player was also tied to a potential move to Chelsea and Manchester United.
Meanwhile, Miami remains in the hunt for a marquee player ahead of their first ever meaningful game in less than a month. The club has recently been linked with Mexican midfielder Rodolfo Pizarro, currently plying his trade at Monterrey.
- Roy Hodgson has said Crystal Palace will add a bit more grease to their elbow during the summer transfer window after accepting the club fell short in its ambitions to sign players in January. Palace completed the transfer of just one player throughout January -- 28-year-old Cenk Tosun arrived on loan from Everton while a late move for Nathan Ferguson collapsed because of injury. Hodgson is out of contract at Selhurst Park this summer, and in an interview with The Standard he admitted powerful signings will have to be made this summer to ensure the club becomes a stronger outfit.
- Manchester United are reportedly prepared to rival any bid made by Chelsea for Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho. Despite a reduced budget, the Standard has said that United's capture of Bruno Fernandes for £68million is proving no deterrent in their quest to tie teenager Sancho down to a contract at Old Trafford. The Sun has said that Dortmund's demands have put off Liverpool, but Chelsea are understood to be willing to pay at least £100million for Sancho -- a sum United are prepared to match.