The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with an eye on January, there's plenty of gossip swirling about who's moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Bayern plot move for Kane next summer
With Kane's deal at Tottenham Hotspur set to expire in 2024, the Bundesliga champions are hoping the 29-year-old does not sign a contract extension with Spurs, as they are already preparing an offer to bring the England captain to Germany next summer.
Julian Nagelsmann's side are currently without an out-and-out striker following the departure to Barcelona of Robert Lewandowski, the Bundesliga's top scorer for the past five seasons, as Sadio Mane, Leroy Sane, Serge Gnabry and Jamal Musiala instead lead the forward line.
The Bavarian club will wait for Kane to enter the final year of his contract before tempting him away from North London with the promise of silverware, as the striker, who already has five goals in six Premier League games this season, is yet to win a major trophy at club or international level.
21.43 BST: AC Milan are in talks with talismanic forward Rafael Leao about renewing his contract, as reported by Calciomercato. The Portugal international is currently on €1.8m-per-season but has now requested €7.5m to reflect his growing status -- Milan have never exceeded €4.5m, which would have increased to €6m with bonuses.
21.14 BST: After Reece James committed his future to Chelsea, Fabrizio Romano has reported that Mason Mount is next in line to discuss a contract renewal. Talks have been in place for some time and the England international is now waiting for the club to send a new proposal, with negotiations set to continue soon.
20.34 BST: Chelsea are lining up an offer to sign 17-year-old Fulham midfielder Luke Harris as they aim to continue investing in their academy, reports The Evening Standard. Harris scored a hat-trick as Fulham beat the Blues 3-0 in a Premier League 2 match, while Chelsea have also agreed a new contract with midfielder Charlie Webster.
20.02 BST: UD Ibiza have confirmed that they have signed former Manchester City, Sevilla and Celta de Vigo winger Nolito, subject to a medical being completed. The 35-year-old's medical will be completed on Tuesday, with Nolito having been without a club since departing Celta.
19.46 BST: Hector Bellerin and Marcos Alonso will be officially presented as Barcelona players on Tuesday, reports Mundo Deportivo, who add that it will not be open to the public and there will be no press conference, with players only taking questions from Barca TV. Both players signed a one-year contract after joining from Arsenal and Chelsea respectively.
19.25 BST: Roma are set to look at the market of free agents after Jose Mourinho asked for reinforcements at centre-back, reports Calciomercato. Nikola Maksimovic is the man they could bring in after he left Genoa, although there is set to be competition from Galatasaray.
18.52 BST: Former Bayern Munich, Schalke and Stuttgart defender Holger Badstuber has officially announced his retirement as a professional footballer on Twitter. The 33-year-old hinted that he will now look to do his coaching badges having been without a club since departing Luzern in December 2021.
18.20 BST: Barcelona midfielder Miralem Pjanic has received an offer from UAE Pro League club Sharjah FC, according to Fabrizio Romano. It is up to the Bosnia & Herzegovina international whether or not he departs, as the window is still open in UAE and the Blaugrana are willing to let him leave.
17.07 BST: Juventus will look to sign Liverpool's Roberto Firmino, reports Ekrem Konur.
Firmino is currently in the final year of his contract at Liverpool and there has been no news about an extension, which means he could leave on a free transfer in January.
The 30-year-old Brazilian has three goals and three assists so far this season for the Reds.
15.47 BST: Crystal Palace are looking to sign Conor Gallagher in the January transfer window, according to the Mail. The 22-year-old delivered standout performances at Palace last season on loan, before being included in Thomas Tuchel's plans this season at Stamford Bridge.
Gallagher has started three times this season so far, and has featured in a total of five Premier League matches for the Blues. He was also sent off in a recent win against Leicester City.
Palace will offer £20m to sign the England international.
14.30 BST: Reece James has committed his long-term future to the club by signing a new six-year contract.
James, 22, has emerged as once of the clubs most important players, and has won 13 senior England caps.
"I am over the moon with my new contract and I'm thankful for the fans, the new ownership and everyone involved in the club," James said. "I cannot wait to see what the future holds, and I am sure we will have the chance of winning many trophies.
"I grew up supporting this club and I've been here since I was a six-year-old. I put pen to paper on a new deal because this is the club I want to be at. I'd like to say a special thanks to the fans, I am here to stay and we have a bright future ahead of us."
Six. More. Years! 😍 pic.twitter.com/qP8mvKNDT7— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) September 5, 2022
13.27 BST: In case you missed it last night, Nice added Ross Barkley to their squad on a free transfer from Chelsea, presenting their 12th recruit of the summer to fans on Sunday night.
The 28-year-old Barkley made 100 appearances for Chelsea and scored 12 goals following his switch from Everton in January 2018. He will link up with a host of former Premier League players at the Ligue 1 club, including goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, who left Leicester City this summer, one-time Arsenal star Aaron Ramsey, as well as Nicolas Pepe, on loan with Nice from the Gunners.
12.30 BST: Football Insider reports that Lucas Moura could leave Tottenham Hotspur as a free agent at the end of the season, after late transfer offers from Aston Villa and Newcastle United were turned down.
Moura, 30, has been at Spurs since 2018 but has found game time limited following the arrival of Dejan Kulusevski and Richarlison.
The report says that Moura wants more playing time, but Spurs hold a 12-month option on his contract which they may trigger to protect his transfer value before his deal expires next summer.
11.33 BST: Arsenal made an attempt to sign Ferran Torres from Barcelona before the transfer window closed, reports El Nacional in Spain.
Torres only joined Barca in January from Manchester City in a deal said to be worth €55m, and the report states that Arsenal put forward a proposal to sign the player for €30m.
While that proposal was rejected, Barca could be interested in January if Torres doesn't manage to force his way into Xavi Hernandez's first XI.
10.29 BST: The Sydney Morning Herald reports that Central Coast Mariners star Garang Kuol is attracting the interest of several big European clubs.
Kuol will turn 18 later this month, which will make him eligible for a transfer to a foreign club, and the report suggests the forward will be in high demand when the transfer window reopens in January.
Barcelona, Chelsea and Newcastle are all said to be interested in signing Kuol, who was born in Egypt before the family fled to Australia as refugees.
Kuol has only played nine A-League games for Central Coast, with the new season set to get under way in October.
09.31 BST: The Liverpool Echo believes that Juventus could make a fresh move for Roberto Firmino in January.
Firmino, 30, was the subject of interest from the Italian club in the summer with reports of a £19m transfer offer. However, boss Jurgen Klopp made it clear he wanted to keep the Brazilian at Anfield.
But the forward will be out of contract at the end of the season, and he will be able to open talks over a precontract agreement as of Jan. 1. Juve may also attempt to take the player to Serie A in January in a cut-price deal -- though that may rely on Liverpool themselves signing a replacement in the winter window.
08.30 BST: Arsenal defender Nuno Tavares has told RMC Sport that he wanted the option of a permanent move included as part of his loan switch to Marseille this summer, but it was rejected by the Gunners.
Tavares, 22, will play for the French club throughout the 2022-23 season, and has been a revelation scoring three goals in his first six appearances.
"At Arsenal, I do not know if it was a problem of competition with Kieran Tierney, but for me, that's not even the point," Tavares said. "I came to Marseille to finally be able to play in my position.
"When signing with OM, I wanted to have an option to buy, but Arsenal refused. With my agents, we always wanted this purchase option, but Arsenal didn't.
"Now I'm at OM, and with or without an option, I'm happy. At Arsenal, I would have probably only played in the cup. I came to Marseille to play in my position, in the Champions League, in the league and in the cup, Marseille gave me this opportunity."
- Diego Costa is set to return to the Premier League after Wolves suffered a double injury blow, reports The Athletic. The 33-year-old striker will complete a medical on Tuesday, with new summer signing Sasa Kalajdzic set to be sidelined for months after sustaining an ACL injury on his debut in a 1-0 win over Southampton on Saturday. Raul Jimenez, who made his return to the bench after picking up a knee injury in preseason, was also withdrawn during the warm-up after feeling a problem with his groin. Former Chelsea frontman Costa, who scored 52 goals in 89 appearances in three seasons with the Blues, is available outside the transfer window as a free agent after terminating his contract at Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro in January.
- Leeds United will make another approach for Cody Gakpo in January, reports Fabrizio Romano. Jesse Marsch's side have made the 23-year-old their priority target for the winter transfer window, but there will be plenty of competition for the PSV Eindhoven winger. Gakpo has made a flying start to the Eredivisie season, having scored six goals and assisted another three in five appearances.
- In addition to Kane, Bayern are also keeping a close eye on Barcelona midfielder Gavi, reveals Bild. The 18-year-old will be out of contract at Camp Nou next summer, and the latest indicates that he could receive an approach from Bayern if he makes the decision not to renew with the Blaugrana. Since graduating from the club's academy, he has become a key part of manager Xavi Hernandez's side, featuring in all four LaLiga games this season.
- Antonio Conte had to move quickly to acquire Destiny Udogie amid interest from clubs across Europe for his signature next summer, reports Fabrizio Romano. The 19-year-old wing-back joined Tottenham in August and was loaned back to his parent club Udinese -- where he scored in a win over AS Roma on Sunday -- and it looks as though that was a crucial element in the deal.
- Liverpool approached Juventus to sign Denis Zakaria before landing Arthur Melo, according to Calciomercato. The Reds first approached the Serie A side for the 25-year-old Switzerland international, who instead joined Chelsea on loan. Jurgen Klopp's side instead turned to Zakaria's former teammate Arthur on transfer deadline day, and the 26-year-old Brazil international moved to Anfield in a €4m loan deal, which includes an option to sign him on a permanent basis for a further €37.5m.