The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with an eye on January, there's plenty of gossip swirling about who's moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Barcelona's Pique, Alba out by winter
It has previously been reported that the Blaugrana want to part ways Pique and Alba, but the Catalans are now said to have already begun negotiations for the pair to leave during this winter.
In the case of Alba, there are various clubs that could be interest in signing the left-back, with Juventus a prominent one that has previously been linked.
Making an effort to move the process along, Barcelona could even offer an agreed termination of Alba's contract.
Barcelona are also looking at moving on Depay after the World Cup due to his lack of minutes at the start of the season, which has since been followed by an injury spell.
Meanwhile, Sergio Busquets' contract expires in the summer and the midfielder isn't expected to stay past that point.
- Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, more (U.S.)
21.40 BST: Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane is putting contract talks on hold until after the World Cup, according to the Evening Standard. The 29-year-old striker has 18 months left on his contract and Spurs don't want him to enter next season having not signed an extension, but the England captain wants to focus on completing the first half of the season before going to Qatar. Spurs are also hoping to get Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Eric Dier to commit to new deals.
21.07 BST: Borussia Dortmund manager Edin Terzic insists that winger Ansgar Knauff will return to the club when his Eintracht Frankfurt loan ends after this season, at which point the 20-year-old Germany youth international will have just a year left on his contract.
"He's our player, he's under contract with us," Terzic is quoted as saying by Kicker. "The clear plan is for him to come back to us in the summer."
20.34 BST: Brighton & Hove Albion scouts watched Rangers winger Ryan Kent during last weekend's draw against Livingstone, according to Ekrem Konur. The 25-year-old former England youth international played the full match and provided the assist for John Lundstram's equaliser in the 91st minute.
20.01 BST: CF Montreal have signed midfielder Samuel Piette to a new contract that will keep him with them through 2025, the MLS club announced on Friday, which also includes the option of another year.
"I am very happy to continue my career at home here in Montreal," the 27-year-old Canada international said in a statement. "It is an honour and a great pride to wear the CF Montreal jersey and represent my city on and off the field. I want to continue to inspire young people across Quebec."
19.28 BST: Paris Saint-Germain are among the clubs looking to sign Benfica midfielder Cher Ndour, reports Calciomercato. The 18-year-old is yet to play in the Lisbon club's first team but has impressed in their youth ranks, while his contract ends in the summer, with PSG one of those hoping to capitalise and sign him as a free agent.
As quoted by Mundo Deportivo, when asked about a possible January recall, Xavi said: "If it's an option? Yes, why not? We'll talk to him, now there's a break and we'll decide how the team is doing. But there's a lot left for January and we're focused on the upcoming league games. This isn't the time to talk about reinforcements. It's true that the football management is working, but it's early days."
18.22 BST: Bayer Leverkusen winger Paulinho has stated that he would be open to leaving the club, and Sky Sport Deutschland have now reported that his wish is to join Palmeiras. The Brazilian's advisor, Carlos Leite, has even held talks with the 10-time Brazilian champions with the 22-year-old's contract ending this summer.
17.49 BST: Ekrem Konur reports that Newcastle United are planning to extent the contract of attacker Miguel Almiron through the 2026-27 season. The 28-year-old Paraguay international's existing deal with the Magpies has another 18 months left to run.
17.16 BST: Brighton & Hove Albion are confident that they will be able to complete a deal for Rosario Central midfielder Facundo Buonanotte soon, according to Fabrizio Romano. The Premier League club have reportedly entered negotiations with their counterparts in Argentina regarding the final details of the deal, which includes payment terms.
16.43 BST: Manchester City, Arsenal and Newcastle United are all interested in Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhaylo Mudryk, but they won't be signing him on a cut-price transfer fee. The Mirror quotes sporting director Carlo Nicolini as saying that the 21-year-old Ukraine international will cost "more than Antony," after the Brazilian's big-money move from Ajax Amsterdam to Manchester United.
"Is €40m enough to buy him? We do not speak to these figures. Not even for €50m, we don't even call the president to communicate the offer," Nicolini reportedly said. "We value Mudryk more than Antony of Manchester United, who cost €100m.
16.10 BST: Bryan Gil is not looking to leave Tottenham Hotspur in the winter transfer window in search of playing time.
The Spanish forward, who is under contract with Spurs until June 2026, has yet to feature for Spurs in the Premier League but has appeared as a substitute in three Champions League games.
"I'm focused on the present," he said. "I'm not thinking about the future. I'm focused on improving and playing as much as possible.
"I'm working on giving my best level and give my all when given the opportunity. That is my motivation, improve daily and give the best.
"It's a different style of football in the Premier League than in LaLiga, more physical. It's a test for me. I think I'm improving."
Gil, 21, spent the second half of last season on loan at Valencia and came close to re-joining them in the summer, but the deal did not materialise.
"That's in the past," he said. "My focus is now here, in my club, Tottenham."
15.24 BST: Real Madrid will be able to sign non-European players in the next transfer window after Brazil internationals Rodrygo Goes and Eder Militao both obtained Spanish nationality.
Rodrygo, 21, joined Los Blancos from Brazilian club Santos in the summer of 2018 while a year later, Militao moved to Madrid from FC Porto.
With their Brazilian teammate Vinicius Jr. having also been granted dual nationality last month, Madrid now have all three non-European spots available.
This is great news for Carlo Ancelotti's side as it looks to lure Palmeiras forward Endrick to the Bernabeu stadium in the next transfer windows (see 08.48 BST).
14.37 BST: Manchester United are looking at Porto's Diogo Costa and Athletico Bilbao's Unai Simon as potential successors to David de Gea, according to The Athletic.
De Gea, 31, is out of contract at the end of this season, and while there is the option to extend that deal by 12 months, his future at Old Trafford is far from certain.
Costa, 23, has helped Porto reach the knockout phase of this season's Champions League, not least by becoming the first goalkeeper to save three penalties in a single campaign in the competition.
Meanwhile, Simon, 25, has already replaced De Gea as first choice for Spain, and is a candidate to do the same at United next summer.
13.43 BST: Angel Di Maria has vehemently denied rumours that he will leave Juventus in the winter transfer window.
The Argentina international joined Juve as a free agent in the summer after his contract with Paris Saint-Germain expired.
Di Maria, 34, signed a one-year contract with Juve and he is determined to honour it despite rumours claiming he will return to play in Argentina in January.
The former Real Madrid star wrote on Instagram: "I don't usually give explanations when I read these lies, but it's time to do so.
"I do not know who has invented that I am leaving in January, the statements of mine that you have seen where I say that I am going to retire in "Rosario Central" (the club where I left) are recent, but they are statements that I have made since the day I came for the first time to play here in Europe in 2007. That does not mean that I want to leave TODAY, nor am I going to leave in January, please stop inventing,
"I am very happy in this great club, very happy in the city and when I'm physically fit again, I'll give the team the best of me as I always did when I've played, here and in all the teams where I've played. I love to play football, I don't like to watch the games at home, I like to play them, so please don't believe everything you read because that doesn't help, it only tarnishes my name and the name of the club."
12.51 BST: Spanish prosecutors on Friday dropped all fraud and corruption charges against Brazil forward Neymar and other accused over his transfer to Barcelona from Santos in 2013, the public prosecutor told a court.
Prosecutors wanted a two-year prison term for Neymar and the payment of a €10m ($9.95m) fine.
A source close to the Neymar family told Reuters that their legal representatives Baker Mckenzie would claim costs against the private prosecution for what they consider recklessness, acting in poor faith and for abuse of process.
They will also reserve the right to claim for damages.
12.17 BST: Brazilian striker Vinicius Jr. has extended his contract with Real Madrid until June 2027, according to Diario AS.
The deal has not been officially announced yet by Real Madrid but according to the publication, the three-year contract extension was signed in the summer.
Vinicius joined Real Madrid in July 2018 from Flamengo in a €45m transfer after turning 18. The Brazil international scored 22 goals last season, including the only goal in last season's Champions League final against Liverpool that gave Real Madrid the title. The 22-year-old has scored eight goals in 17 appearances for Madrid so far this season.
11.19 BST: Roma are looking at signing Houssem Aouar from Lyon in January despite the midfielder being out of contract in the summer, Calciomercato reports.
Aouar, 24, has been linked with moves to several big clubs in the past, but Lyon have always resisted in him. That has led the France international to move into the final year of his contract without agreeing a new deal.
Calciomercato reports that Aouar would be available in January for a small fee, although the player's desired salary of €4.5m a year plus bonuses could be a stumbling block for any potential move.
10.26 BST: Barcelona are looking for a midfielder and a right-back to strengthen their squad in the winter transfer window, according to Mundo Deportivo.
While Barca cannot make big acquisitions in January, they will try to comb the market to find good deals to strengthen those two positions.
Barca are looking at players whose contracts expire next summer to find candidates that will reinforce the team without having to pay big transfer costs.
This week's elimination from the Champions League will have financial implications for Barca and will mean less money to spend in the winter transfer window.
09.35 BST: Sporting CP forward Marcus Edwards has revealed he would like to return to England to play in the Premier League.
Edwards, 23, came through the youth system at Tottenham Hotspur, but only made one first-team appearance for Spurs before moving to Vitoria Guimaraes in 2019.
Having joined Sporting in January, Edwards returned to Tottenham for Wednesday's Champions League match, and he scored against his old club in a 1-1 draw.
Asked about his decision to move to Portugal, Edwards told the Evening Standard: "Everyone has a different journey. For me it worked out, going over there and it clicked straight away.
"It has been good for me, but I would love to play in England [again] and be near my family."
08.48 BST: Real Madrid plan to make an offer to Palmeiras for their young striker Endrick in the coming days, according to Marca.
The 16-year-old became the youngest player to score for Palmeiras in Tuesday's 3-1 league win at Atletico Paranense.
Endrick signed his first professional contract with Palmeiras in May, which runs until the summer of 2025 and has a €60m release clause.
While he is not legally allowed to leave Brazil and play for a team in another country until he turns 18, Madrid have been monitoring the player since last season, while Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly already made a bid to Palmeiras for the player.
Fornaroli, whose 82 goals in 142 games place him fifth on the ALM's all-time goal-scoring list, played the first two games this season before being frozen out for last week's 2-1 win over Central Coast in confusing circumstances. Perth initially said Fornaroli wasn't part of the squad due to injury, but the 35-year-old hit back on social media by saying he was 100% fit and available.
The Glory held a meeting on Friday where Fornaroli's departure was agreed upon, and chief executive Anthony Radich believes the right decision has been made.
"It is a difficult decision for both parties, but such decisions have to be made as we continue to rebuild the club," Radich said in a statement. "Moving forward, Bruno's departure means we have an opportunity to strengthen the squad when the transfer window reopens in January and we fully intend to do so."
Fornaroli has been linked with a move to Melbourne Victory under coach Tony Popovic. Popovic, who coached Fornaroli during his time at Perth, played a straight bat when asked about the rumours on Friday.
"I'm not aware of those rumours. I'm not aware of that [talks]," Popovic said. "But I think rumours will always exist and if you're a big club, then you'll always be linked, I guess, with big players. From my point of view, yes, it's just a rumour."
If Fornaroli does move to the Victory, he won't be able to play until January's transfer window.
PAPER GOSSIP (Danny Lewis)
- Fabrizio Romano has suggested that interest is growing for PSV Eindhoven's Cody Gakpo and Lille's Jonathan David. Southampton and Leeds United had made offers for Gakpo in the summer, while Everton have shown an interest in David, but both attacking talents are now expected to eventually join larger and more successful clubs than those mentioned.
- Milan Skriniar has left the door open to possibly staying with Internazionale after the first meeting was held about the centre-back's contract situation, reports Calciomercato. There will be another meeting next week, in which Inter will present a concrete offer to Skriniar's agents and they are very keen for the Slovakia international to stay.
- Christian Falk has denied any reports stating that Bayern Munich are interested in Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan. The Germany international's current City contract only runs until the summer of 2023, while he has scored twice and provided one assist in Pep Guardiola's side this season.
- Ekrem Konur has suggested that Arsenal scouts are keeping tabs on Palmeiras' 21-year-old midfielder Danilo. They are likely to get a good look at the midfielder in Palmeiras' next match on Tuesday, as he has started each of their last six contests since returning from a suspension.
- Josef Martinez will not return to Atlanta United FC, reports The Athletic, with sporting director Carlos Bocanegra telling the former MLS MVP that he would not be part of the club's future during a face-to-face meeting. Atlanta have been pursuing a new No. 9 and would use the Designated Player spot to find a replacement for Martinez, who led the Five Stripes to the MLS Cup in 2018.
-- New York Red Bulls could lose United States defender Aaron Long to free agency, as reported by MLSsoccer.com, who add that Kyle Duncan could return following the expiration of his loan from Oostende. RBNY are already in discussions with Gremio regarding a permanent move for Elias Manoel after his loan expired, while offers are expected to come in for John Tolkin. Caden Clark, on loan at New York after signing with RB Leipzig last season, is set to leave his first ever club, but it is unknown where he'll play next.