The summer transfer window is closed for the major leagues in Europe. However, with an eye on January, there's plenty of gossip swirling about who's moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: With Bellingham looking destined for Premier League, Real Madrid shift focus to Fernandez
Bellingham, 19, is considered a priority for the Spanish giants, but Liverpool have emerged as frontrunners in the race for his signature. Several Premier League teams are also interested in the England international, whose services are valued upwards of €100m, leaving the LaLiga side looking for an alternative.
Fernandez, who has started in both of Argentina's group games so far in the World Cup, has three goals and five assists for Benfica this season after arriving from River Plate last summer for just €10m.
The 21-year-old scored his first-ever World Cup goal for Argentina on Saturday and became the youngest player to score for Argentina at a World Cup since teammate Lionel Messi scored in 2006.
It is reported that, as a result, Fernandez's value has soared, and Benfica are asking for transfer fee of around €100m, with Fernandez tipped for a move to a top European side.
- Manchester United will offer Marcus Rashford a new long-term deal, says Fabrizio Romano. The 24-year-old is out of contract in the summer, though the Red Devils have the option to extend his deal until June 2024. However, they are preparing an extension that will see the England international commit his long-term future to Old Trafford.
- Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag prefers Cody Gakpo to replace Cristiano Ronaldo, according to Relevo. Man United were reportedly interested in the 23-year-old PSV Eindhoven forward in the summer, however, they will now face competition to sign him in January. Gakpo, who is currently with Netherlands at the World Cup, has attracted interest from around the Premier League, including Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool as he continues to impress in Qatar. PSV will reportedly look to keep hold of Gakpo until the end of the season as they compete for the Eredivisie title.
- Bayern Munich are continuing to work on a deal for Tottenham's Harry Kane, reports Sky Sport Germany. It is reported that the German bosses remain uncertain on whether an agreement can be reached with his Premier League side, as a move for the 29-year-old striker would cost around €100m. For now, however, there has been little progress as it is said that the England international will decide about his future after the World Cup.
- Internazionale are looking to tempt Franck Kessié from Barcelona in January, according to Calciomercato. The 25-year-old only joined the Catalan side last summer after his contract expired with Serie A rivals AC Milan, but the Nerazzurri hope that the promise of more regular game time will lure the Ivory Coast international back to Italy. However, it is reported that the midfielder wants to remain in Spain until the end of the season, despite only making Xavi Hernández's starting XI twice in LaLiga this season.
- AC Milan have their eye on Noah Okafor as they prepare to find the a replacement for Rafael Leao, reports Gazzetta dello Sport. With Leao set to leave San Siro in 2023 after reportedly rejecting a new contract offer, 22-year-old Okafor from FC Salzburg tops Milan's list of replacements. The Rossoneri are also reportedly interested in 19-year-old Luis Semedo from Benfica B and UD Almería B's 18-year-old Marciano Sanca Tchami, with Ajax's Hakim Ziyech another possible option to pursue in January.