West Bromwich Albion have told the Premier League they would be willing to use part of their ground in a trial of safe standing areas.
Director of operations Mark Miles confirmed the move after the Premier League wrote to all its clubs about the trial proposal.
All-seater stadiums were made compulsory in English football's top two divisions following the 1989 Hillsborough disaster, and a reintroduction of standing would require government legislation.
Miles told Albion's official website: "I have written back to the Premier League and told them our position remains that we would be very keen to be involved in a pilot.
"It is the same message I have delivered verbally at previous meetings."
- West Bromwich Albion (@WBA) June 23, 2017
Scottish champions Celtic introduced a safe standing section, holding almost 3,000 people, after being granted permission by Glasgow's city council last year.
Miles has viewed the area and said: "As I have made clear from the outset, this is something football will not be able to introduce without a change of legislation -- and that can't happen unless it is proven to provide a safer option for fans to watch games.
"But as my visit to Celtic demonstrated, there is little doubt that it was clearly welcomed by the supporters as well as creating a unique atmosphere."