It's again time to hand out our year-end awards. Today, we look at the top quotes of 2015, but click here to check out the rest of our list.
Top quotes of the year
As usual, tennis players didn't just let their rackets do the talking this season. Here's a selection of the best quips and quotes:
1. "I pulled a Serena."
2. "I was assured it's gluten-free, it's not processed, it's organic and natural and I could eat it."
-- Novak Djokovic, on eating the Wimbledon grass upon winning the tournament.
3. "I am No. 8 in the world. I am not number 100. It seems like I am number 200 in every press conference. I am not so bad."
-- Rafael Nadal at the US Open, on questions about his -- relatively -- poor season.
4. "I'm excited to win two matches in a row; it's a while since I've done that."
-- Eugenie Bouchard at the US Open, on questions about her poor season.
5. "I'm not going to be pushed by a towel. ... To me, a towel is to take a shower with."
-- Roger Federer, on not allowing towel placement to influence his choice of courtside chair at the ATP Tour Finals
6. "When I come on the court I say: 'Come on. You can beat Kei.' It's not like if I play against Roger Federer."
7. "When I'm at my best, I am more like Djokovic, game-wise. When I'm not, I'm more like Murray."
-- Borna Coric to the Times of India, describing his game. Double ouch.
8. "Talk, why?"
-- Ivo Karlovic at the Rogers Cup, showing confusion when told there was some talk about the best serving on the ATP tour.
9. "Do you follow tennis?"
-- Serena Williams, called for hindrance during a point in the Australian Open final, on whether that had ever happened to her before.
10. "I'm done dating tennis players."
11. "The press say, congratulations, good job. Because I beat Serena -- no, for your interview."
-- Roberta Vinci, despite broken English, giving a post-match interview following her win against Serena Williams at the US Open.
12. "Because I'm surrounded by guys like Roger, Novak and Rafa, doesn't look like much."
-- Andy Murray, on career achievements like reaching four Australian finals.
13. ''When I read his interview, it's always funny. A lot of things you can take. When I read before the match he was ready, excited for the challenge -- and now he was sick."
14. "My brother was like, 'Yeah, you have an hour to go shopping.' I was like, 'A girl going shopping on a timer; it does not work.'"
-- Jelena Jankovic, on not getting to do enough shopping while reaching the final of Indian Wells.
15. "I guess they weren't watching anything."
-- Donald Young, who had won two five-setters in singles and was also playing doubles and mixed doubles at the US Open, finding his locker had been emptied by cleaners assuming he was no longer in the tournament.
16. "You can't even wear off white or cream. I was like, 'Man, if you wash your whites too many times, they will be illegal.'"
-- Bethanie Mattek-Sands, on Wimbledon's strict all-white clothing rule.
17. "She told me that I have to teach her the drop-shots. I said, 'Well, you have to teach me the rest.'''
-- Timea Bacsinszky at Indian Wells, on what she and Serena Williams were talking about during the handshake.
18. "Now I know how it is to be a lion at the zoo."
-- Kei Nishikori, on the crowds watching him practice at the Japan Open.
19. "It would be a good marathon time."
20. "I just felt like a hug, I guess. Everyone now and then wants a hug."
Nick Kyrgios, on why he hugged a ball boy while playing against Richard Gasquet at Wimbledon.
21. "I don't think you're ever going to hear nice words about me from him."
-- Maria Sharapova at Wimbledon, on Serena Williams' coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, whose relationship with Serena the Russian once publicly revealed.
22. "A B-Game or C-Game, that isn't terrible."
-- Madison Keys at Brisbane, on what she wants to develop in her game.
23."There is a kid's day exhibition in Australia where you hit and giggle with Scooby Doo, you know. This is not Scooby Doo."
-- Roger Federer, on whether the International Premier Tennis League (IPTL) is an exhibition.
Andy Murray, the day of his wedding.
25. "I think when you are young and you have so much pressure on you and you are making a lot of money at this young age, it's difficult for your parents to be a parent to you and restrict you from a lot of things. And I think that's what happens to a lot of athletes in a lot of sports. So I think the issue in that is a little bit bigger."
-- Victoria Azarenka at the Rogers Cup, on the Kyrgios-Wawrinka incident.