It's that time of year again. See how closely you followed tennis in 2011 with our holiday quiz.
1. Novak Djokovic had one the most impressive starts to a season ever in men's tennis with a 41-0 record before losing his first match of the year to Roger Federer in the French Open semifinals. How many of the 101 sets he played during that streak did he win?
2. Djokovic narrowly avoided a second Grand Slam loss to Roger Federer when he hit a stunning shot and saved a match point in the U.S. Open semifinals. What was that shot?
(A) A forehand crosscourt return winner
(B) A backhand down the line winner
(C) A drop-shot winner
(D) A between-the-legs winner
3. Four women won Grand Slams in the 2011 season: Kim Clijsters in Australia, Li Na at the French Open, Petra Kvitova at Wimbledon and Samantha Stosur at the U.S. Open. Only one of them won another tournament for the remainder of the season. Who was it?
4. Which two Masters Series events did Andy Murray win this year?
(A) Monte Carlo and Montreal
(B) Indian Wells and Paris
(C) Miami and Rome
(D) Cincinnati and Shanghai
5. Incredibly, John Isner and Nicolas Mahut were drawn to face each other in the first round of Wimbledon, a rematch of their record-shattering 11-hour, 5-minute epic a year earlier. The sequel didn't quite live up to the original. How long did it last?
(A) 1 hour, 2 minutes
(B) 2 hours, 3 minutes
(C) 2 hours, 10 minutes
(D) 3 hours
6. This year's marathon match was instead played by Francesca Schiavone and Svetlana Kuznetsova, whose rip-roaring encounter at the Australian Open broke the record for the longest women's Grand Slam match by going:
(A) 3 hours, 22 minutes
(B) 4 hours, 22 minutes
(C) 4 fours, 44 minutes
(D) 5 hours
7. The record for the longest women's tiebreaker at a major was also set this year when Maria Kirilenko edged Sam Stosur 17-15 in the second-set tiebreaker of their fourth-round U.S. Open match. How many of those points did Kirilenko win with Hawkeye challenges?
8. Rafael Nadal lost six times to Djokovic in finals this year. Of the other nine matches he lost, who was the only player to beat him more than once?
9. Nadal did salvage his season with a record-tying sixth French Open crowd, surviving a first-round scare in which he played a fifth set at Roland Garros for the first time. Who was his opponent?
10. The ATP just announced the name of its new CEO, who will be the third name in the post in the past five years. Which of these candidates finally got the nod?
(A) Richard Krajicek
(B) Ian Ritchie
(C) Brad Drewett
(D) Mark Young
11. There were some notable tennis couple breakups this year. Which of these pairings is the only one (until last check) still on?
12. There are a plethora of WTA stars dating other high-profile athletes. Who has been linked to golfer Adam Scott?
13. Bob and Mike Bryan continue to pile up records in doubles. Which of these have they broken so far?
(A) The team titles record
(B) The Grand Slam team record
(C) Weeks at No. 1
(D) A and C
14. Which wild-card team took the U.S. Open mixed doubles title in storybook fashion this year?
15. In addition to not winning a Grand Slam for the first time since 2002, Federer lost a Grand Slam match from two sets up for the first time this year, and he did so twice. Which two players did he lose to?
(A) Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal
(B) Rafael Nadal and Tomas Berdych
(C) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Novak Djokovic
(D) Andy Murray and Robin Soderling
16. Federer did win the World Tour Finals for a record sixth time. Which two players are next in line with five each?
(A) Jimmy Connors and Bjorn Borg
(B) Bjorn Borg and Illie Nastase
(C) Pete Sampras and Ivan Lendl
(D) John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors
17. Milos Raonic was voted the ATP Newcomer of the Year. Coming into the season, Raonic and his coach Galo Blanco each wrote down what they thought his year-end ranking would be and sealed it in an envelope. Raonic put 47, Blanco 31. What was Raonic's year-end ranking?
18. Caroline Wozniacki still hasn't won a major but has now been No. 1 for 55 weeks, putting her at what spot on the all-time list?
19. Wozniacki failed to reach the quarterfinals in both the French Open and Wimbledon. Which players did she lose to in those events?
20. It didn't quite match Djokovic's 41 straight wins, but which WTA player had a winning streak of 18 this season?
(A) Petra Kvitova
(B) Caroline Wozniacki
(C) Serena Williams
(D) A and C
21. Serena Williams had yet another heated exchange with the umpire at the U.S. Open. What was this year's controversy about?
(A) A foot fault
(B) An incorrect line call
(C) Williams' yelling during a point
(D) The length of Williams' nails
22. Venus Williams announced during the U.S. Open that she had been diagnosed with an energy-sapping disease. What was it called?
(C) Sjogren's syndrome
23. Juan Martin Del Potro was voted the comeback player of the year. After a wrist surgery left him starting 2011 with a ranking of No. 258, where did he end up?
(A) No. 34
(B) No. 22
(C) No. 15
(D) No. 11
24. Wayne Odesnik, returning from a suspension for HGH possession, was NOT voted (or nominated) for comeback player of the year. He started the year unranked and ended where?
(A) No. 1,281
(B) No. 849
(C) No. 129
(D) No. 37
25. Which former No. 1 officially announced her retirement from the sport this year?
Kamakshi Tandon is a freelance tennis writer for ESPN.com.