Continually working since age 11, Omar's numerous television credits include: "Smart Guy" and "Zoe..." for The WB, ABC's "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper," host of Nickelodeon's "Wild & Crazy Kids," as well as guest appearances on "The Division," "Touched by an Angel," "Batman and Beyond," and "Blossom," among others.
In 2001, Omar gave a memorable performance as Sweetpea in the Columbia Tristar film "Baby Boy" with Tyrese and Snoop Dogg. Gooding's additional credits include: the independent feature "Verbal Communications," Universal's "Ghost Dad" with Bill Cosby, directed by Sidney Poitier, TNT's tele-film "Freedom Song" with Danny Glover, and the Disney Channel film "The Ernest Green Story" with Morris Chestnut.
Omar hales from a show business dynasty. His older brother and mentor, Cuba Gooding Jr. won the Best-Supporting Actor Oscar for "Jerry McGuire" and both parents have had notable careers in music: Cuba Gooding Sr. was the lead singer for "Main Ingredient" (made famous by the hit, "Everybody Plays the Fool") and Shirley Gooding was an ensemble singer with the New York group, "The Sweethearts." Omar also shares his parent's passion and records hip-hop music in his spare time.
Omar's acting honors include the 1991 Youth in Film Award and First Place at the prestigious Shakespeare Festival in 1993.
Omar currently resides in Los Angeles and is dedicated to working with children's charities.
1. Who is your favorite athlete - Male and Female? Shaq & Kobe, Serena Williams, Lisa Leslie
2. What is your favorite sports team? L.A. Lakers
3. What do you think is the biggest rivalry in sports? Lakers-Sacramento
4. What is your favorite sports movie? Jerry Maguire
5. Who is your dream date? Beyonce'
6. Who in Hollywood would you most want to work with? Al Pacino
7. What's the last CD you bought? Neptunes Clones
8. What music would pump you up before a game? 2 Pac Hailmary
9. Are you superstitious? …… Not really
10. What do you like to do off the set? Relax
11. What's your favorite food? Chicken
12. What's your favorite sports beverage? Gatorade
13. What female music/recording artist do you find sexy? Ashanti
14. How do you celebrate? With Friends
15. What's your favorite/dream car? Bentley
16. Do you have any pets? What kind? What name/s? Pit Bull named Zena