Jason Matthew Smith as Eric Olczyk
Born and raised in the Midwest, Smith, a classically trained actor, received his B.F.A. from Cincinnati Conservatory of Music as well as his M.F.A. from Northern Illinois University. In the theater Smith has played such memorable roles as Mitch in "A Streetcar Named Desire" at the Henry Fonda Theater, Ferris Layman in "Diviners" at the Santa Monica Playhouse, and has toured with the production of "Our Town" as Doc Gibbs.
In television, Jason has already had numerous guest star roles in several Emmy nominated television programs such as "Six Feet Under," "Bernie Mac," "RHD LA" and the long running "ER." Smith has also appeared in films, most recently "Hollywood Homicide" starring Harrison Ford, and will also be seen in the upcoming "Matchstick Men" directed by Ridley Scott.
Jason lived on a pig farm growing up in Jamestown, Ohio and currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
Go behind the scenes with Playmakers star Jason Matthew Smith. He answered viewer's questions, Wednesday, September 17th.
Visit Jason's personal site here
1. Who is your favorite athlete - Male and Female? Michael Jordan
2. What is your favorite sports team? University of Cincinnati Men Basketball team
3. What is your most memorable sports moment? When San Fran 49ers beat Bengal in Superbowl. It broke my heart
4. What do you think is the biggest rivalry in sports? Ohio State vs Michigan
5. What is your favorite sports movie? The Longest Yard & Field of Dreams
6. Who is your dream date? Natalie Fortman, Nev Campbell, Charlize Theron
7. Who in Hollywood would you most want to work with? Mel Gibson, Gene Wilder
8. What's the last CD you bought? Radio head (The latest bum)
9. What music would pump you up before a game? Mortal, Fold Zundura, Guns & Roses (in the past), and anything Regae
10. Are you superstitious? No, but I don't go out of my way to break any mirrors
11. What do you like to do off the set? Go to the movies, read CS Lewis books, and sleep
12. What's your favorite food? My mom's chicken dumplings, anything Mexican or Cajon
13. What's your favorite sports beverage? Gatorade- Blue raspberry flavor
14. What female music/recording artist do you find sexy? Rebecca St James, Beyonce, Olivia Newton John (back in the day)
15. How do you celebrate? A steak & beer
16. What's your favorite/dream car? An original Cobra Roadstar
17. Do you have any pets? What kind? What name/s? Not yet, but I plan on getting a basset hound . My favorite dog is a New Foundland, but they are to big for me to take care of right now