NFL Draft 2012
LOOK BACK AT PREVIOUS NFL DRAFTS
- Goin' To Carolina
- Off-field issues did not stop Carolina from making No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton the face of the franchise.
- 2011 NFL draft coverage »
- Ram Tough?
- Injury concerns did not deter St. Louis from making ultra-accurate QB Sam Bradford its franchise player.
- 2010 NFL draft coverage »
- Detroit QB City
- The Lions had many needs but couldn't pass up a chance at a franchise QB like Matthew Stafford.
- 2009 NFL draft coverage »
- Fish Tale
- Seeing an OT who could anchor its line for years to come, Miami selected Jake Long No. 1 overall.
- 2008 NFL draft coverage »
- The Big One
- Enticed by a big arm and bigger upside, the Raiders took JaMarcus Russell No. 1 overall.
- 2007 NFL draft coverage »
- Super Mario
- The Texans surprised everyone by taking DE Mario Williams with the first overall pick.
- 2006 NFL draft coverage »
- 49ers' Mr. Smith
- San Francisco liked the potential of QB Alex Smith and made him the No. 1 overall pick.
- 2005 NFL draft coverage »
COMPLETE DRAFT HISTORY
How has your team drafted in previous years? View the history of the draft dating to 1967.
NFL DRAFT ANALYSIS
From Andrew Luck to
Mr. Irrelevant, we have the lowdown on every 2012 selection.
MUST-SEE DRAFT COVERAGE
- ESPN Chicago on Bears
- Alshon Jeffery faced some pre-draft questions, but none that scared off the Bears.
- ESPN Dallas on Boys
- Defense ruled for Dallas again on Day 2, with two more picks on that side of the ball.
- ESPN NY on Giants
- The Giants continued to add firepower on Day 2 by selecting LSU WR Rueben Randle.
- It's All About Luck
- What makes Stanford's Andrew Luck the best QB prospect in the past 30 years? Everything.
Mel Kiper's rankings on
2012 NFL DRAFT
|1 Andrew Luck||QB||Colts||99|
|2 Robert Griffin III||QB||Redskins||97|
|3 Trent Richardson||RB||Browns||97|
|4 Matt Kalil||OT||Vikings||96|
|5 Justin Blackmon||WR||Jaguars||95|
|6 Morris Claiborne||--||Cowboys||97|
|7 Mark Barron||--||Buccaneers||95|
|8 Ryan Tannehill||QB||Dolphins||94|
|9 Luke Kuechly||ILB||Panthers||96|
|10 Stephon Gilmore||--||Bills||93|
|11 Dontari Poe||DT||Chiefs||92|
|12 Fletcher Cox||DT||Eagles||95|
|13 Michael Floyd||WR||Cardinals||93|
|14 Michael Brockers||DT||Rams||94|
|15 Bruce Irvin||--||Seahawks||83|
|16 Quinton Coples||DE||Jets||94|
|17 Dre Kirkpatrick||--||Bengals||92|
|18 Melvin Ingram||DE||Chargers||93|
|19 Shea McClellin||--||Bears||92|
|20 Kendall Wright||WR||Titans||89|
|21 Chandler Jones||DE||Patriots||94|
|22 Brandon Weeden||QB||Browns||86|
|23 Riley Reiff||OT||Lions||93|
|24 David DeCastro||OG||Steelers||93|
|25 Dont'a Hightower||ILB||Patriots||91|
|26 Whitney Mercilus||DE||Texans||89|
|27 Kevin Zeitler||OG||Bengals||88|
|28 Nick Perry||DE||Packers||88|
|29 Harrison Smith||--||Vikings||89|
|30 A.J. Jenkins||WR||49ers||82|
|31 Doug Martin||RB||Buccaneers||90|
|32 David Wilson||RB||Giants||84|