We just lost the all-time greatest college basketball coach in John Wooden. More then that, we also lost one of the most decent, caring and compassionate figures in sports history. He exuded intelligence and class, and he is an inspiration for many of us who try hard to instill the concept of teamwork, honesty and fairness in our work and in our life.
In honor of The Wizard of Westwood, here are several of his most inspirational quotes:
1. "Nothing will work unless you do."
2. "The athlete who says that something cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."
3. "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
4. "I'd rather have a lot of talent and little experience than a lot of experience and little talent."
5. "Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be."
6. "Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
7. "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of being."
8. "Ability is a poor man's wealth."
9. "The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team."
10. "You can't live a perfect day with doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."
For more funny quotes about sports, check it out here.