Saturday is the 107th meeting of Michigan vs. Ohio State.
Regarded by many as the greatest rivalry in football history, this game transcends records.
The stakes are always high, but this year an Ohio State victory could mean a continued shot to pursue a BCS bid and a Michigan loss could seal the fate of coach Rich Rodriguez.
Here are five great quotes about the rivalry:
1. "Damn you, Bo, you'll never win a bigger game."
-- coach Woody Hayes said to Bo Schembechler years after Michigan beat the 1969 Ohio State team that Hayes considered his all-time best
2. "I always mind losing to Ohio State, but I don't mind so much today."
-- coach Bo Schembechler after Ohio State upset Michigan in 1987, a season in which lame duck Ohio State coach Earle Bruce had already been fired but was allowed to coach that game
3. "If you could play the greatest game of your life, you would play it that day."
-- Rob Lytle, Michigan running back, on the rivalry
4. "You're not going to be recognized for too much success. We've had 11-1 and 10-1 football teams that lost to Michigan and they're not even mentioned in the second breath."
-- coach Earle Bruce on what losing to Michigan meant to Ohio State
5. "I can assure you that you will be proud of our young people in the classroom, in the community and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Mich., on the football field."
-- coach Jim Tressel in his 2001 opening news conference at Ohio State
For more sports quotes, check out my site.