WNBA At 25: From We Got Next to the Orange Hoodie...and Beyond
The WNBA celebrates its 25th anniversary this season, a historic milestone for a league that many thought would never last. From the leagues beginnings and the rise of stars like Lisa Leslie and Sheryl Swoopes to the modern game and the myriad of social justice initiatives undertaken by the players, the game has changed massively in the past quarter-century, both on and off the court. Rebecca Lobo was there from the beginning. She reflects on growing pains in the leagues early days, and what comes next. Then Pablo hashes Russian president Vladimir Putins eight goal "performance" in a hockey exhibition game.
Becoming Instagram Official & Talking To Goal-Models
Welcome back to First Take, Her Take! Hosts Charly, Kimberley, and Chiney discuss becoming Instagram official in your relationship, Tim Tebow has somehow made it back to the NFL, and we welcome WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert to the show! Cathy explains what it was like to navigate last season during a pandemic and what the future holds for the WNBA and women's sports as a whole.
Most Recent Podcasts
Hour 2: Ducking And Dodging
Greeny and Hembo go through some NFL power rankings and Greeny tries to guess where teams are based on hearing the name and going through the offseason additions and subtractions. Plus, he continues to talk about the Clippers ducking the lakers before entering a debate with the hashtag crew on a perceived violation of the MLB unwritten rules.
Jessica Mendoza joins Buster to discuss Kevin Pillar getting his in the face by a pitch, theories on why HBPs are on pace for a modern record, the rat race in the NL East and the Rangers will snag a big shortstop in the offseason. Then, Sarah Langs stop by to talk about Shohei Ohtani currently being the best player in baseball, other athletes hyping Ohtani and the White Sox appearing to be the class of the AL Central.
Hour 4: HOF 2021
Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2021 member Chris Bosh discusses his induction into the Hall of Fame, why the Celtics havent lived up to expectations, how concerned the Lakers should be about LeBrons injury, and the best play of his career. Plus, the guys continue to talk about the term bust and ask outside of LeBron, who has the most pressure to win a championship.
Hour 3: Lars Tiffany, Virginia Lacrosse Coach
Virginia lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany gives us his thoughts on their 13-11 win against Bryant, and having to face Georgetown who dismantles Syracuse. Plus we revisit our question of the day "Which traditional ACC power is closest to returning to its championship standard." And we look back at Florida State's heartbreaking loss yesterday in the NCAA women's Soccer Championship game.
Hour 2: NBA Play-in Tournament
Jalen Rose joins the show to discuss the latest on the play in games and who he thinks has a chance. Plus, Buster Onley on the state of the game currently. Also, Jeff Darlington, Mike Tannenbaum and Tedy Bruschi on the future of the Bucs. Will they be as good this year as they were last year.
'21 espnW Summit Special
Sarah shares her espnW summit conversations with Paralympic medalist, Veteran, and Purple Heart recipient Melissa Stockwell as well as Adele Lim and Osnat Shurer, the writer and producer of Raya and the Last Dragon. Plus, an ode to Kenny Mayne.
Bomani Jones recaps the Basketball Hall of Fame ceremony from this past weekend, including the inductions of Rudy Tomjanovich and Kobe Bryant (1:13). He also shares the cognitive dissonance the NBA must be feeling now that the Lakers will be playing the Warriors in the play-in tournament (14:26). Plus, an IYHH including real estate prices soaring around the world (27:03) and your voicemails from quitting on the job (40:31)! IYHH Stories @ByMikeBaker on the hefty legal fees being charged to the Boy Scouts estate in their bankruptcy case: https://nyti.ms/3v8kieh @hannaziady on the pricing surge thats happening in housing markets around the world: https://cnn.it/3we7oLC
New QB1 in Chicago?
The crew discusses if Justin Fields will be the starter for the Bears come Week 1. Also, what are the expectations in New York as the Daniel Jones prepares to head into his 3rd season? And just how much better can the Bucs be in 2021? Then, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers' contract situations are analyzed. Confusion of what the Jaguars' plan is with Travis Etienne is expressed.
- Zach and ESPN's Kevin Arnovitz discuss the play-in races and the All-NBA ballot
- Brian Windhorst, Royce Young and Kirk Goldsberry discuss the potential of the Utah Jazz getting the #1 seed and a very favorable draw in the playoffs, will the Lakers be able to avoid the play-in tournament, and the tank-o-thon Is on at the bottom of the NBA. Plus, what is going on with the Boston Celtics and more.
- What up y'all? This week Im joined by Elena Delle Donne as she chats about what shes most proud of, how her rehab is going, having to opt out of the WNBA season last year and a whole lot more. Plus, I chat with Travis about my weekend that consisted of two birthday parties for my daughters.
- Sarah talks to WNBA Superstar Elena Delle Donne about preparing for the Olympics and WNBA season, recovering from surgery, how international play takes some getting used to, and the way shes learning to deal with the hiccups and challenges as she gets older. Plus, Chicago Red Stars Head Coach Rory Dames stops by to preview the NWSL season and more.
- Adam starts off this week's episode addressing the rumors surrounding the timeline of his Aaron Rodgers story. Then, he is joined by ESPN's Matt Hasselbeck to recap all of the latest NFL news, including but not limited to: the leagues most intriguing QB's, Brady and Gronk still loved by Boston, and getting to know Trevor Lawrence. After that, Pittsburgh WR Juju Smith-Shuster joins the show to update us on his busy offseason schedule and resigning with the Steelers for another year.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
The Adam Schefter Podcast (NFL)
Around the Rim with LaChina Robinson (WBB)
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
The Bill Barnwell Show (NFL)
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective (NBA)
Caught Offside (Soccer)
The CFB Podcast with Herbie, Pollack & Negandhi
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich (CBB)
DC & Helwani
ESPN Daily with Pablo Torre
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
First Draft with Kiper, McShay, and Yates (NFL)
First Take, Her Take
The Gab & Juls Show (Soccer)
Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy (espnW)
The Lowe Post with Zach Lowe (NBA)
Marty Smith's America
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny (NFL)
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod with Adrian Wojnarowski (NBA)
ESPN TV & Radio
Around the Horn (ESPN TV)
Bart & Hahn (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
Chiney & Golic Jr. (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
College Football Live (ESPN TV)
ESPN FC (ESPN+)
First Take (ESPN TV)
Get Up! (ESPN TV)
Greeny (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
Highly Questionable (ESPN TV)
Jalen & Jacoby (ESPN TV & Original)
The Jump (ESPN TV)
Keyshawn, JWill & Zubin (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
The Max Kellerman Show (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
NFL Live (ESPN TV)
Packer and Durham (ACC Network)
Pardon the Interruption (ESPN TV)
Paul Finebaum Show (ESPN Radio & SEC Network)
Spain & Fitz (ESPN Radio)
Stephen A's World (ESPN+)
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.