NFL Monday: Kaepernick Works Out, Rivers Looks Ahead
Colin Kaepernick's Saturday workout didn't seem to get him or the NFL what they wanted. But it did put a fine point on the state of quarterbacks around the league. ESPN NFL expert Bill Barnwell breaks down the workout story, and what it means for Kaep and the teams. And, ahead of tonight's game in Mexico City: what does Philip Rivers' future look like with - or without - the Los Angeles Chargers? ESPN Chargers reporter Eric Williams joins Mina to examine Rivers' role in the game... and his uniquely meme-able face.
Small Sample Size Theater 2019
In this annual early-season tradition, Brian Windhorst, Kevin Pelton and Kevin Arnovitz wonder if James Harden can average 40 points per game, if LeBron James can lead the NBA in assists (9:30) and if the Lakers' defense can continue shutting down its opponents. Plus, they discuss the two most surprising starting units (31:12) and Paul George's GOAT campaign...after two games (53:57).
Most Recent Podcasts
Bill chats with Mike Sando about the problems going on with Phillip Rivers and what the future holds for him. What should we make of how MNF ended for Mitchell Trubisky? (12:30) Plus, can the Rams recover from the Super Bowl hangover ? (24:25) And, who are some names to be on the lookout for as upcoming head coaches? (39:00)
In The Trenches
Adam is joined by Marcus Spears to chat about the Myles Garrett incident, why Tua Tagovailoa won't drop out of the first round and more. Plus, former NFL offensive lineman TJ Lang went after Myles Garrett on Twitter and he explains those tweets (28:50). And, Evan Kaplan joins the show to preview week 12 in the NFL (44:50)
- Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon react to how to handle Tuas injury, preview Packers vs. 49ers and Carmelos return to the NBA tonight.
- First Take continues to debate what's next for Colin Kaepernick, if Tom Brady is the problem for the Patriots and more. Also, Chadwick Boseman joins the show.
- After last night's horrific performance by Philip Rivers, the guys contemplate if his time with the Chargers is up. Plus, the greatest non touchdown celebration ever.
- The crew take a voicemail from a listener moving back home with his parents (0:25), talk about the Golden Knights making the Stanley Cup Finals in their first year as a team (15:30), the people at Preakness and the Royal Wedding who have "crazy hat confidence" (26:00) and Katie's Top 10 NBA moments of 2018 (42:30).
- Adam welcomes Kirk Herbstreit & Chris Fallica to discuss their perspective on the top players in this year's NFL Draft, their role in ESPN's draft coverage and more (:31). Plus, the return of #AskAdam (21:09).
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
30 for 30: Extras
Answering The Bell
Ariel Helwani's MMA Show
Around the Rim
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich
Down & Distance
ESPN On Ice with Wyshynski and Kaplan
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
FiveThirtyEight: Hot Takedown
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy
Le Batard & Friends - Mystery Crate
Le Batard & Friends - South Beach Sessions
Le Batard & Friends - STUpodity
Marty Smith's America The Podcast
Matty & The Caddie
On Serve with LZ Granderson
Sorry in Advance...The Golic Family Podcast
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
SVP & Russillo
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
The Adam Schefter Podcast
The Bill Barnwell Show
The College Football Podcast With Herbie & Pollack
The Lowe Post
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.