WNBA At 25: From We Got Next to the Orange Hoodie...and Beyond
The WNBA celebrates its 25th anniversary this season, a historic milestone for a league that many thought would never last. From the leagues beginnings and the rise of stars like Lisa Leslie and Sheryl Swoopes to the modern game and the myriad of social justice initiatives undertaken by the players, the game has changed massively in the past quarter-century, both on and off the court. Rebecca Lobo was there from the beginning. She reflects on growing pains in the leagues early days, and what comes next. Then Pablo hashes Russian president Vladimir Putins eight goal "performance" in a hockey exhibition game.
Becoming Instagram Official & Talking To Goal-Models
Welcome back to First Take, Her Take! Hosts Charly, Kimberley, and Chiney discuss becoming Instagram official in your relationship, Tim Tebow has somehow made it back to the NFL, and we welcome WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert to the show! Cathy explains what it was like to navigate last season during a pandemic and what the future holds for the WNBA and women's sports as a whole.
Most Recent Podcasts
Hour 2: Daniel Libit
Daniel Libit, Sportico talks about Learfield IMG College and their dominance of radio rights. He breaks down whether or not Learfield IMG College is fair for different schools and universities. He says it benefits small schools and is not best for larger universities.
Who's Playing Who?
Laura, Louis Riddick, Adam Schefter, and Marcus Spears react to the biggest games to come in 2021: Brady's return to Foxborough against Bill Belichick and the Patriots, Cardinals vs Browns in a battle of former Oklahoma QB's and so much more. The team dives into the tough start to the season for the Colts. Will Frank Reich be able to guide Carson Wentz and the Colts to a promising start in the first few weeks of their tough schedule.
2021 Preakness Preview
Stanford Steve & The Bear preview the Preakness this weekend and the drama surrounding Medina Spirit. Plus, they chat about NBA and NHL season win totals they have their eyes on and their thoughts on the playoffs. Finally, a little NFL season win total talk
Hour 2: Tom Will Meet Bill In 2021
MLB Network Host Bob Costas joins the show and talks about the current state of baseball and why when he looks at it in totality, its unmistakable that the current game favors pitching. Plus, Greeny weighs in on Tom Brady Sr. saying he was salivating over the Buccaneers/Patriots matchup this coming season and believes the Bucs will be coming out on top with a victory.
Hour 2: Schedule Release - Jerry Jones (feat. Post Malone)
Max, Chris Canty, and Tedy Bruschi discuss if Tom Brady has surpassed Bill Belichick's legacy, then the guys give their picks for next year's NFL MVPs. Kendrick Perkins joins to rate the importance of the Lakers winning with LeBron and AD, then the guys react to Jerry Jones in the Cowboys' schedule release video with rapper Post Malone.
Jalen Brunson Stops By The Show
Jalen and Jacoby discuss the Lakers holding off Rockets without LeBron & AD, latest on Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Jalens prediction for Lions this season, Jacoby kinda celebrates his playoff bound Knicks. Plus, Jalen Brunson stops by to discuss Mavs playoffs positioning, Luka and much more.
Hour 4: Returning to New England
Tom Brady and the Bucs face off against the Pats this season. Keyshawn, Alan and Jay wonder what all-time players could be dropped in different places and not be received well. Plus, ESPN 630 D.C. Andy Pollin joins the show to give us the top 3 star players from DC and ESPN NBA analyst Kendrick Perkins give us some insight on the landscape of the NBA.
- Zach and ESPN's Kevin Arnovitz discuss the play-in races and the All-NBA ballot
- Brian Windhorst, Royce Young and Kirk Goldsberry discuss the potential of the Utah Jazz getting the #1 seed and a very favorable draw in the playoffs, will the Lakers be able to avoid the play-in tournament, and the tank-o-thon Is on at the bottom of the NBA. Plus, what is going on with the Boston Celtics and more.
- What up y'all? This week Im joined by Elena Delle Donne as she chats about what shes most proud of, how her rehab is going, having to opt out of the WNBA season last year and a whole lot more. Plus, I chat with Travis about my weekend that consisted of two birthday parties for my daughters.
- Sarah talks to WNBA Superstar Elena Delle Donne about preparing for the Olympics and WNBA season, recovering from surgery, how international play takes some getting used to, and the way shes learning to deal with the hiccups and challenges as she gets older. Plus, Chicago Red Stars Head Coach Rory Dames stops by to preview the NWSL season and more.
- Adam starts off this week's episode addressing the rumors surrounding the timeline of his Aaron Rodgers story. Then, he is joined by ESPN's Matt Hasselbeck to recap all of the latest NFL news, including but not limited to: the leagues most intriguing QB's, Brady and Gronk still loved by Boston, and getting to know Trevor Lawrence. After that, Pittsburgh WR Juju Smith-Shuster joins the show to update us on his busy offseason schedule and resigning with the Steelers for another year.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
The Adam Schefter Podcast (NFL)
Around the Rim with LaChina Robinson (WBB)
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
The Bill Barnwell Show (NFL)
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective (NBA)
Caught Offside (Soccer)
The CFB Podcast with Herbie, Pollack & Negandhi
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich (CBB)
DC & Helwani
ESPN Daily with Pablo Torre
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
First Draft with Kiper, McShay, and Yates (NFL)
First Take, Her Take
The Gab & Juls Show (Soccer)
Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy (espnW)
The Lowe Post with Zach Lowe (NBA)
Marty Smith's America
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny (NFL)
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod with Adrian Wojnarowski (NBA)
ESPN TV & Radio
Around the Horn (ESPN TV)
Bart & Hahn (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
Chiney & Golic Jr. (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
College Football Live (ESPN TV)
ESPN FC (ESPN+)
First Take (ESPN TV)
Get Up! (ESPN TV)
Greeny (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
Highly Questionable (ESPN TV)
Jalen & Jacoby (ESPN TV & Original)
The Jump (ESPN TV)
Keyshawn, JWill & Zubin (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
The Max Kellerman Show (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
NFL Live (ESPN TV)
Packer and Durham (ACC Network)
Pardon the Interruption (ESPN TV)
Paul Finebaum Show (ESPN Radio & SEC Network)
Spain & Fitz (ESPN Radio)
Stephen A's World (ESPN+)
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.