The Russell Westbrook Paradox
There is no one in the NBA like Russell Westbrook. The former league MVP routinely puts up eye-popping stat lines and is now just four triple-doubles away from breaking Oscar Robertson's all-time triple-double record. But whats even more impressive about Westbrook is how hes elevating the Washington Wizards, and shockingly making them look like a contender this May. But Westbrook is not without his critics, particularly among the analytics obsessed NBA-types who worship at the altar of efficiency. Today, Kirk Goldsberry joins the show to break down the paradox that is Russell Westbrook: Is he a uniquely talented player who puts up historic numbers? Or one whose weaknesses are seemingly at odds with success in the modern NBA? Can he be both? Then, Pablo shares an update on the Indian Premier Leagues suspension amidst growing COVID cases in India.
Atlanta Hawks' Trae Young
Atlanta Hawks All-Star guard Trae Young joins The Woj Pod to discuss his All-NBA candidacy, the franchises rise to Eastern Conference contender, his desire to see Nate McMillan become permanent coach, his Olympic basketball dreams, the arrival of his signature shoe and much more.
Most Recent Podcasts
Handball Confusion in Madrid
The FC crew discuss the controversial penalty decisions in Real Madrid's 2-2 draw with Sevilla that left Zinedine Zidane questioning the handball rule. Plus the guys break down the remaining fixtures of the Premier League season, question if Liverpool can finish in the top 4 and recap the FIGC president threatening to expel Juventus from Serie A for remaining in the European Super League
Is Cerrone Done?, Harrison's Mic Drop, UFC 262 Preview, & More
On this week's show, DC & Helwani talk about a busy week in combat sports. They start things off by discussing Marina Rodriguez's win over Michelle Waterson, Donald Cerrone's future after another loss and a potential Neil Magny vs. Khamzat Chimaev fight. Then, they discuss Canelo Alvarez's win over Billy Joe Saunders. Later, they discuss busy weeks for the PFL and Bellator, followed by a UFC 262 preview. They end things off with a chat about Stipe Miocic's future.
Tebow Time in Duval
The crew discusses give their thoughts on the Jags expecting to sign Tim Tebow as a tight end and reaction to Colts signing Eric Fisher to protect Carson Wentz's blindside. Also, looking ahead to matchups in anticipation to this week's schedule release. The QB battle in New England is also a topic of discussion.
Westbrook ties Oscar Robertson's triple-double record at 181
Rachel Nichols, Kendrick Perkins and Brian Windhorst discuss Russell Westbrook tying Oscar Robertson's triple-double record, Luka ejected after hitting Collin Sexton in the groin and Rasheed Wallace stops by to join the Jump.
- Zach and Howard Beck of Sports Illustrated discuss the Lakers' recent struggles, the play-in tournament, all the ongoing races, and Sixth Man of the Year.
- Brian Windhorst, Mike Schmitz and Kevin Pelton re-draft the 2020 NBA class.
- Jessica Mendoza joins Buster to discuss the Mets panic-firing its hitting coach, if the move came from Steve Cohen, Kris Bryants tremendous start, Dustin May needing Tommy John and Shohei Ohtani hitting a home run after being scratched from his start. Plus, Sarah Langs shares her thoughts on Chili Davis firing, Paul DeJong dominating the Mets, the Royals leading the division with a negative run differential and Jacob deGroms start tonight.
- SVP & Stanford Steve are joined by ESPNs Brian Windhorst as they discuss the state of the NBA and problems they are facing because of COVID, tanking, resting and much more. Plus, Stanford Steve has some parenting questions for Scott. And, Heres What I Hate.
- Rachel Nichols, Kendrick Perkins and Ramona Shelburne discuss if the rumors of the Lakers demise is exaggerated, if there's pressure on NBA players to get vaccinated and Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau stops by to join the Jump.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
The Adam Schefter Podcast (NFL)
Around the Rim with LaChina Robinson (WBB)
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
The Bill Barnwell Show (NFL)
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective (NBA)
Caught Offside (Soccer)
The CFB Podcast with Herbie, Pollack & Negandhi
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich (CBB)
DC & Helwani
ESPN Daily with Pablo Torre
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
First Draft with Kiper, McShay, and Yates (NFL)
First Take, Her Take
The Gab & Juls Show (Soccer)
Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy (espnW)
The Lowe Post with Zach Lowe (NBA)
Marty Smith's America
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny (NFL)
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod with Adrian Wojnarowski (NBA)
ESPN TV & Radio
Around the Horn (ESPN TV)
Bart & Hahn (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
Chiney & Golic Jr. (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
College Football Live (ESPN TV)
ESPN FC (ESPN+)
First Take (ESPN TV)
Get Up! (ESPN TV)
Greeny (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
Highly Questionable (ESPN TV)
Jalen & Jacoby (ESPN TV & Original)
The Jump (ESPN TV)
Keyshawn, JWill & Zubin (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
The Max Kellerman Show (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
NFL Live (ESPN TV)
Packer and Durham (ACC Network)
Pardon the Interruption (ESPN TV)
Paul Finebaum Show (ESPN Radio & SEC Network)
Spain & Fitz (ESPN Radio)
Stephen A's World (ESPN+)
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.