After battling Covid-19, Rahi Sarnobat sees 'shade of hope' in Olympics
Amongst the Olympics bound shooters, Sarnobat, Saurabh Chaudhary and Deepak Kumar tested positive for the virus following the New Delhi World Cup
Badminton: India Open postponed indefinitely
"The recent spike in COVID-19 cases and gravity of the situation in Delhi left BAI no choice but to postpone the tournament," said an official communication.
Hearn: Fury vs. Joshua fight a bigger event than the Olympics, not worried about clash
Promoter Eddie Hearn has said that Anthony Joshua's fight against Tyson Fury is bigger than the Olympics and has no concern about the undisputed world heavyweight title fight being staged during the Tokyo Games.
Abhinav Bindra questions Kumbh Mela amid pandemic, slams Yogeshwar Dutt for backing it
'A virus does not discriminate between religions,' Bindra tweeted in response to Dutt's original post.
Sindhu, Neeraj and shooting stars: India's top 10 medal prospects at 2021 Tokyo Olympics
With 100 days to go to the start of the 2021 Tokyo Olympics, we list India's ten best medal prospects.
Conn Findlay, Olympic rowing and sailing medalist, dies at 90
Conn Findlay, a four-time Olympic medalist in the sports of rowing and sailing and a member of two winning America's Cup crews, has died. He was 90.
- Date of birth
- 5 (50m and 100m butterfly - long course, 200m freestyle and 100m butterfly - short course)
World Championships (8 medals: 4 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze)
- 50m freestyle: 3rd (2015)
- 100m freestyle: 2nd (2013, 2015)
- 50m butterfly: 1st (2015)
- 100m butterfly: 1st (2009, 2013, 2015)
- 4x100m medley relay: 2nd (2015)
European Championships (18 medals: 10 gold, 6 silver, 2 bronze)
- 50m freestyle: 2nd (2014)
- 100m freestyle: 1st (2012, 2014, 2016)
- 50m butterfly: 1st (2012, 2014, 2016)
- 100m butterfly: 1st (2008, 2010, 2016), 2nd (2014)
- 4x100m freestyle relay: 1st (2014), 2nd (2012), 3rd (2010, 2016)
- 4x200m freestyle relay: 2nd (2014)
- 4x100m medlay relay: 2nd (2010, 2014)
World Short Course Championships (4 medals: 3 gold, 1 silver)
- 100m freestyle: 2nd (2014)
- 200m freestyle: 1st (2014)
- 50m butterfly: 1st (2014)
- 100m butterfly: 1st (2014)
European Short Course Championships (14 medals: 5 gold, 9 silver)
- 50m freestyle: 2nd (2013, 2015)
- 100m freestyle: 1st (2015), 2nd (2013)
- 50m butterfly: 1st (2013, 2015)
- 100m butterfly: 1st (2013, 2015)
- 4x50m freestyle relay: 2nd (2008, 2009, 2013)
- 4x50m medley relay: 2nd (2009, 2015, 2016)
Sjoestroem hoping to make Swedish history
At just 22, Sarah Sjoestroem already has an impressive record. After winning 7 world titles and 15 European crowns (long and short course), the Swede will be hoping to finally get her hands on an Olympic medal in Rio.
Sjoestroem was just 14 when she took gold in the 100m butterfly at the 2008 European championships. She went on to become the world record holder in the discipline (55.64), which represents perhaps her best chance of medal success in Brazil.
Sjoestroem is determined to improve on London 2012, where she finished 4th in the 100m butterfly and reached the semi-finals of the 50m, 100m and 200m freestyle. She also dreams of becoming the first Swedish woman to win an Olympic swimming gold medal.
GBR 27 CHN 26
GBR 23 CHN 18
CHN 26 JPN 21
Ledecky 4 Biles 4
Manuel 2 McKeon 2
Oleksiak 2 Chalmers 2