Badminton: India Open postponed indefinitely
"The recent spike in COVID-19 cases and gravity of the situation in Delhi left BAI no choice but to postpone the tournament," said an official communication.
Hearn: Fury vs. Joshua fight a bigger event than the Olympics, not worried about clash
Promoter Eddie Hearn has said that Anthony Joshua's fight against Tyson Fury is bigger than the Olympics and has no concern about the undisputed world heavyweight title fight being staged during the Tokyo Games.
Abhinav Bindra questions Kumbh Mela amid pandemic, slams Yogeshwar Dutt for backing it
'A virus does not discriminate between religions,' Bindra tweeted in response to Dutt's original post.
Sindhu, Neeraj and shooting stars: India's top 10 medal prospects at 2021 Tokyo Olympics
With 100 days to go to the start of the 2021 Tokyo Olympics, we list India's ten best medal prospects.
Conn Findlay, Olympic rowing and sailing medalist, dies at 90
Conn Findlay, a four-time Olympic medalist in the sports of rowing and sailing and a member of two winning America's Cup crews, has died. He was 90.
Olympics bound Priyanka, Asiad champion Jinson Johnson test positive for COVID-19
Another Tokyo Games-bound race walker K T Irfan has returned negative after he was tested as a primary contact of Johnson.
- Date of birth
- Individual world records
18 - 1 long course, 17 short course (100m, 200m and 400m medley, 100m et 200m backstroke) - up to 15/01/2016
World Championships (9 medals: 5 gold, 4 bronze)
- 200m backstroke: 3rd (2015)
- 200m butterfly: 3rd (2009, 2013)
- 200m medley: 1st (2013, 2015), 3rd (2009)
- 400m medley: 1st (2009, 2013, 2015)
World Short Course Championships (13 medals: 6 gold, 5 silver, 2 bronze)
- 200m freestyle: 2nd (2012, 2014)
- 50m backstroke: 3rd (2014)
- 100m backstroke: 1st (2014)
- 200m backstroke: 1st (2014)
- 200m butterfly: 1st (2012), 2nd (2014)
- 100m medley: 1st (2012, 2014)
- 200m medley: 1st (2014), 2nd (2012)
- 400m medley: 2nd (2014), 3rd (2012)
European Championsips (20 medals: 13 gold, 5 silver, 2 bronze)
- 200m freestyle: 2nd (2014)
- 100m backstroke: 1st (2014), 2nd (2016)
- 200m backstroke: 1st (2016)
- 200m butterfly: 1st (2010, 2012), 3rd (2014)
- 200m medley: 1st (2010, 2012, 2014, 2016)
- 400m medley: 1st (2012, 2014, 2016), 2nd (2008, 2010)
- 4x200m freestyle relay: 1st (2010, 2016), 2nd (2012), 3rd (2014)
European Short Course Championships (16 medals: 10 gold, 4 silver, 2 bronze)
- 400m freestyle: 2nd (2015)
- 50m backstroke: 1st (2015)
- 100m backstroke: 1st (2015)
- 200m backstroke: 1st (2015), 3rd (2013)
- 200m butterfly: 1st (2012)
- 100m medley: 1st (2012, 2015), 2nd (2013)
- 200m medley: 1st (2012, 2013, 2015)
- 400m medley : 1st (2015), 2nd (2012, 2013), 3rd (2004)
The Iron Lady gunning for gold
4th in the 400m medley at the London Olympics, in spite of leading for part of the race, Katinka Hosszu will be out for revenge in Rio.
The 27-year-old Hungarian has learned from her mistakes, and recovered from something close to depression after the disappointment of London.
Since 2012, the "Iron Lady" has dominated the world and European championships, both short and long course, racking up medals and world records in the medley, as well as freestyle, backstroke and butterfly.
With 11 world championship titles and 23 European titles to her name, Hosszu is now chasing the only thing missing from her phenomenal collection: Olympic gold.
GBR 27 CHN 26
GBR 23 CHN 18
CHN 26 JPN 21
Ledecky 4 Biles 4
Manuel 2 McKeon 2
Oleksiak 2 Chalmers 2